Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had an 07 Ultra for 4 years and sat on the new Ultra Low. Don't want to take the plunge yet for a new bike, but really like how you sat in it instead of on it. Plus I'm vertically challenged at 5'8" so I liked that the fact that I wasn't at the upper part of flat footed. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

·
Registered
236 Posts
I would spring for a set of progressive lowering shocks vs the air shocks. Check on e bay or aftermarket.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Have had an 07 Ultra for 4 years and sat on the new Ultra Low. Don't want to take the plunge yet for a new bike, but really like how you sat in it instead of on it. Plus I'm vertically challenged at 5'8" so I liked that the fact that I wasn't at the upper part of flat footed. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
You could let the air out of the tires......... or seriously , just have the seat reworked to lower you the one inch you are looking for . :)

·
Just Ride
3,259 Posts
Street Glide shocks will drop you a inch.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I did an airride system such as the dirtyair kit you can buy online. Fully adjustable and awsome ride. I've done streetglide shocks, lowering blocks, and 10" air shocks. The air ride with a compressor is the way to go in my opinion. I'm 200+ lbs with back and hip problems and a 30" inseam and the ol lady is 200+ and we ride two up with no issues now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have an 07 FLHT, Bought a super Low seat from HD, and installed 11.5" Spring Shocks from Drag Specialties, Ride is better than the Factory shock, or at least to me. The new ultra low bikes, have a reduce clutch over that helps too.

·
09 Dyna Super Glide
1,691 Posts
You can get a lowering kit for both the front and rear suspension. The lowering brackets for the rear suspension will drop the back end around 1" or so and they are pretty inexpensive. The lowering kit for the front suspension is a bit pricier.

You can also have your seat modified to narrow it and even lower it a little. The seat mod makes a lot more difference that you would think. Narrowing the seat is very effective, especially if you have a wide seat.

You can buy shorter rear shocks too. What I like about the lowering brackets is that you still keep the full travel of your shocks as opposed to buying shorter shocks.

Pete

Dave

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Get shorter Progressive shocks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts