Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m curious in finding out which tires provide the best ride, traction and life.

Ive only been riding doe 3 years. Started with a Honda cruiser and traded up to the Ultra Classic last July. So, I’m completely ignorant when it comes to tires. All input would be greatly appreciated. I would like to hear both good and bad about tires.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I like this video . . . He is a motorcycle police officer.

·
Registered
725 Posts
61300 miles on Dunlops. So far 4 on the back, three up front. I change them when I hit @4/32nds left. My only complaint is the rear tires all started cupping at @8000 miles, and I always check them for inflation before riding and run the rear at 40 and the front at 36 per the book. the video above makes some good points. My first set lasted 18,600 miles on the rear and almost 22,000 on the front. mileage has gone down as my comfort and aggression has increased, plus our roads are getting worse over the years. I only ride the Tail of the Dragon once year but ride two 2500 mile trips a year (2 up) on decent twisty roads, the rest is lunch run type 100-150 mile days in southern GA, so not much turning! straight and flat for the most part. Helps tire last longer than other folks experience. Never had a Dunlop fail though I have picked up a sheetrock screw that made it through and found it flat the next morning. Don't get em from the dealer though, Lots of retailers out there that are $100 bucks a tire lower than the dealer will be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts