Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm in the process of buying an '09 Fat Boy in Red Hot Sunglo and wondered if you could steer me straight on some new pipes (dealer installed).

I had V&H Pro Pipes on my '03 Heritage but thought I'd try something new on my Fat Boy with a statement and really nice low end tone.

I'm considering the Pro Pipe, Big Radius 2:1, and anything that comes to mind soon!

Any ideas?

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Those pipes will look cool on your bike, but I'd recommend a fuel management system to richen it up as well.

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm in the process of buying an '09 Fat Boy in Red Hot Sunglo and wondered if you could steer me straight on some new pipes (dealer installed).

I had V&H Pro Pipes on my '03 Heritage but thought I'd try something new on my Fat Boy with a statement and really nice low end tone.

I'm considering the Pro Pipe, Big Radius 2:1, and anything that comes to mind soon!

Any ideas?
I like red, congrats ride safe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks gents. Once I put pipes on I don't mess with the set-up, but I was wondering about re-mapping. For a pretty typical combo like Fat Boy with Pro Pipe and Hi flo air filter, isn't the dealer map about as good as you can get? I had heard that the Power Commander and other ECU type computers get you close with some compromises, but that the dealer with a dyno, can nail the right fuel metering set-up. Like I said, I don't plan to change my set-up once installed!

And as much as I wanna like that Red Hot Sunglo, that Black Pearl is really growing on me. It just looks classy and seems to bring out the chrome a little more...at least to my eyes. Decisions, decisions. In the end it's the wind in my face and the rumble of my pipes that make it a ride, not the color.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just got my first bike, its an 09 Fat Boy in black denim. Im thinking the same thing as you, the big radius 2:1 or the short shots staggered in black. Both will look good I think. But having not heard them thats about all I have. haha Post some pictures once you get, Id like to see what you came out with.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Either of those should look great on your denim bike! Hoping you'll post your pics once you've got your set up too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts