Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2013 Ultra Limited that I need to get "closer" to the ground on, I need about one inch lower in order to get feet flat on ground when stopped.

Have looked at the HD seats but don't like the 2.5 inches forward they move you. Have looked at the Mustang, but on the 2013 they would only lower about .5 inch.

Thinking of doing the suspension, so would I need to do both front and rear, or could I put the shorter shocks on the rear and not touch the front forks?

Thoughts, speculation, actual fact..

·
Registered
870 Posts
How 'bout Street Glide shocks on the rear and Progressive drop in springs in the front ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I'd looked at the Harley lowering springs but didn't know about the Progressive kits. Checked out their web site, they make it look pretty easy. Except for the additional work to get the fairing off. Thanks again!

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
If only wanting to go 1 inch..I would use a lowering kit...less than 50 bucks on ebay

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Get a fat girl as a passenger. That way itll lower the bike and you get a complimentary back rest.....

+1 on the progressives, get the 11.5 or 12 since they say 13 is stock height...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Yeah....and some shade at certain times of the day.:laugh

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a 2013 Ultra Limited that I need to get "closer" to the ground on, I need about one inch lower in order to get feet flat on ground when stopped.

Have looked at the HD seats but don't like the 2.5 inches forward they move you. Have looked at the Mustang, but on the 2013 they would only lower about .5 inch.

Thinking of doing the suspension, so would I need to do both front and rear, or could I put the shorter shocks on the rear and not touch the front forks?

Thoughts, speculation, actual fact..
I put in the 1 inch lowering kit on the rear of my 2014 Ultra Limited however found it stuffed up the balance so I took them out . I was told if you do the back then you should do the front as well .

·
Registered
41,204 Posts
I put in the 1 inch lowering kit on the rear of my 2014 Ultra Limited however found it stuffed up the balance so I took them out . I was told if you do the back then you should do the front as well .
Pssst. Your bike wasn't even built yet when the post you replied to was made.

Reactions: EvoRK
1 - 12 of 12 Posts