Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a member of this forum for approximately 2 years and have enjoyed the topics and have done a great deal of research on How To stuff. Now I have a question, is there a place on the forum to place information on dishonest bike builders, so other members will have to go through bad builds, unsafe motorcycles (HD documented) and general thievery? Thank you for your time.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Right here. I would say the general motorcycle related area is best.

My only bit of advise is to make sure that you have exhausted every last avenue to a solution before blasting anyone openly. Especially if its a supporting vendor.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Try'n to behave
5,861 Posts
I would also recommend; when conducting an open blasting operation to have all of your facts straight. If you have supporting documentation, even better.

I have also found it best to stick strictly to fact, keep emotion and opinion out of it or it will just become a big argument. Also, if there is ever legal action, you can't get in trouble for stating "FACTS".

·
Registered
181 Posts
Becarful what you write. I belong to a few discussion groups. You might want to write about your exprience with them. To call them crooks and thieves, you might want to hold that back. Or write on a review on that business. My company is on Angies List. Some people call us thieves and dishonest on there. I have a A+ rating. 99% of our reviews are all great reviews. The 1% is from people who think we should work for free. If they are dishonest there will be others writing their bad exprience about the company. I would keep it off of here. There is Google Yelp Yahoo review boards you can see. Or type in the company reviews. Then just point us to that link.

·
Super Moderator
4,291 Posts
I agree about being careful and having your facts straight. Open media is very effective to resolve issues though so if you got a legitimate bum deal and can prove someone's incompetence or ignorance I would love to hear about it so I can avoid the same problem. I went round and round with the builders of my house and I had the proof, when they wouldn't help I went online and they folded like a lawn chair to help finally.

Also very much agree about keeping the emotions out of it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all that replied. To make a long story short I gave my 2012 Ultra Limited to a builder in Florida along with 17K, with a completion date. Once the money exchanged hands the builder went dark weeks at a time, I forced a pick up date 3 months past the due date and once home Harley Davidson and myself found some very dangerous mistakes (ie, rear axle tension cams missing, lower frame bolt on one side back out all but two threads). I've received calls from Canada, Orange County California, Tampa and Atlanta with folks that have given upwards of 40k to this builder and he went dark since Nov 12. Am I pissed, absolutely, would I do something that could get me in trouble, No way. I recently retired from a major metro police dept. with 27 years and may just contact the States Attorneys Office. Hopefully, the builder and I can come to an agreement. Thanks again for the responses, that's why I love this forum!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks to all that replied. To make a long story short I gave my 2012 Ultra Limited to a builder in Florida along with 17K, with a completion date. Once the money exchanged hands the builder went dark weeks at a time, I forced a pick up date 3 months past the due date and once home Harley Davidson and myself found some very dangerous mistakes (ie, rear axle tension cams missing, lower frame bolt on one side back out all but two threads). I've received calls from Canada, Orange County California, Tampa and Atlanta with folks that have given upwards of 40k to this builder and he went dark since Nov 12. Am I pissed, absolutely, would I do something that could get me in trouble, No way. I recently retired from a major metro police dept. with 27 years and may just contact the States Attorneys Office. Hopefully, the builder and I can come to an agreement. Thanks again for the responses, that's why I love this forum!!
how about a name?

·
Super Moderator
4,291 Posts
Have you checked with the BBB, Better Business Bureau? You really need to file a claim against them or at least see if others already have. I learned to check this and also VERIFY INSURANCE and applicable licenses with everyone before I hire or contract them out to do big projects. Let the builder know that you will seek action with the BBB, let him know if there are already claims there. They are way more apt to work with you once they realize how miserable you can make their lives.

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
To answer your question, No.
It would be nice to have a section or page for that without all the peanut gallery comments. Just a Shop Review board where you can look at reviews or leave reviews. Or have it where the guys that moderate could add or remove what ever they thought best and then post it on that page from this page. We could call it the "reviews page".

·
Super Moderator
4,291 Posts
To answer your question, No.
It would be nice to have a section or page for that without all the peanut gallery comments. Just a Shop Review board where you can look at reviews or leave reviews. Or have it where the guys that moderate could add or remove what ever they thought best and then post it on that page from this page. We could call it the "reviews page".
Yeah because all open forums are just ruined by input from peanut galleries. :DeadHorse: <-- That was the emoticon that I thought best reflected the hypocracy since yours seemed more like a peanut gallery comment (not actually related to the posters issue) then the others that were attempting to help him address his concern in a reasonable manner. :ughwerd:

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
Yeah because all open forums are just ruined by input from peanut galleries. :DeadHorse: <-- That was the emoticon that I thought best reflected the hypocracy since yours seemed more like a peanut gallery comment (not actually related to the posters issue) then the others that were attempting to help him address his concern in a reasonable manner. :ughwerd:
I must have miss understood. I thought he aked "is there a place on the forum to place information on dishonest bike builders, so other members will have to go through bad builds, unsafe motorcycles (HD documented) and general thievery". Sometimes it's hard to read through a forum page with 150 posts to get the meat of your question answered with a referance to the original forum page with all the cross talk posted. You know?

·
Super Moderator
4,291 Posts
I guess I was too eager to use those little icons. I do apologize for calling you a hypocrite. Your idea for the forum was both valid and applicable.

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
Thanks maaaan, and I like your emoticons...

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Ltski315; What bike builder in Florida would you not do repeat business with?
Stating an honest opinion should be safe.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Did you do any kind of research before handing over a 25k bike and 17k in cash? Was there a contract? Something ain't adding up.... :confused:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts