Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While trying to find some info on this two cyl Yamaha I might put on a old frame I had layin" around I was visiting a Yamaha forum to see if any parts and wiring info could be had?? the motor I had was much older then anything discussed on that site .

However I did see them posting about this video and that site's member were in a hateful debate on who was at fault??

Some said there was something going on that day and bicycles and motorbikes were on same road???
If it's already been posted ...Sorry!! the video pic looks good though..LOL

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
While I don't believe cyclists should be on the road, I have to say the motorcycle guy was probably at fault. Can't see why he couldn't avoid them. But don't get me wrong... Those cyclists are idiots for riding what looks like a popular road for motorcycles and sports cars. Looks like the inside of that turn is a gathering spot for observers.

Estupido!

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
While I don't believe cyclists should be on the road, I have to say the motorcycle guy was probably at fault. Can't see why he couldn't avoid them. But don't get me wrong... Those cyclists are idiots for riding what looks like a popular road for motorcycles and sports cars. Looks like the inside of that turn is a gathering spot for observers.

Estupido!
I hate bicyclists.......110%.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
751 Posts
Looked to me like it was an event. Lots of bikes on the road. That guy on the motorcycle must have had some sort of issue. Being an idot may be one of them.

Like it or not cyclist have a right to the road just the same. They were off to the side of the road where it should have been safe. Yea, I see tons of idiots on bicycles that feel the road is theirs, and use the hole road way. This wasn't one of those cases.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,081 Posts
Y'all may or may not know this, but I am an avid cyclist.

I can often be seen in full Lycra on my 95% carbon fiber road bike riding in the street.

And by often I mean at 6am on a fuggin Saturday and Sunday when there is no fuggin traffic. Cause as much as I love bicycles I am smart enough to know that they pale in comparison to motorized vehicles.

I ride on the street because even sidewalk cracks are too much for my tiny 120psi tires. Anyone who rides on the street because they think they have a right is a half retard.

Unless if was intentional, I don't blame the rocketeer at all.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Watched it several times, I do believe the begining was at full speed from his angle in the corner and the positon of his body.
My honest opinion is, he doesn't know what he is doing, there is no way at that speed someone should have run into those guy's.....
It wasn't that big of a corner, he wasn't moving that fast, from what I have seen on the vid. he could have- A. stopped before hitting them or B. swerve around them....

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Looked to me like it was an event. Lots of bikes on the road. That guy on the motorcycle must have had some sort of issue. Being an idot may be one of them.

Like it or not cyclist have a right to the road just the same. They were off to the side of the road where it should have been safe. Yea, I see tons of idiots on bicycles that feel the road is theirs, and use the hole road way. This wasn't one of those cases.
Yeah, the cocky azzhats (not including you JP...:laugh) on bikes around here feel empowered like the whole road is theirs.....Which is why I have debated kicking them I ride by on my bike. I haven't, and won't....But that still doesn't mean I haven't thought about it... :laugh

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,506 Posts
Then you're one of the good guys, JP. I used to say I hate bicyclists, but I guess that isn't entirely true. One of my teenage sons rides a bicycle to work, and I sure don't want him getting run over! And, in fairness, the bicyclists in this video were off to the side of the road.

However, when I was up in Washington for so long, I learned to despise the arrogant bastards. On two lane country roads, they would ride in a fashion that would keep traffic backed up behind them. Even when they came to areas they could pull over, like a driveway or something, they would still keep the road shut down. It used to piss me off to no end!

They claim to have the same privileges as a motor vehicle, but in town at red lights they were constantly blowing through them. And if you had the green but hit one, God help you!

If bicyclists want the same access to to public roads, then they need to pay a road tax, and their license plates should cost at least as much as a motorcycles. Period.

Better yet, if you're gonna be on a public road then you should be able to maintain the speed limit.

Off my :soapbox

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,658 Posts
It looks like the guy freaked out, at first it looks like if he would have kept his lean and path he would have avoided the bicycles but he straightened up and headed right for them, maybe case of target fixation???

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
It looks like the guy freaked out, at first it looks like if he would have kept his lean and path he would have avoided the bicycles but he straightened up and headed right for them, maybe case of target fixation???
Have to agree with you and pipe, watch his helmet, he is looking at them the whole time.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I find it hard to blame the guys bicycles when they were way to the right side of the road ...If there was a kid in the road or people walking exc and I plow into them its my fault .I think its my responsibility to do the best I can to ride safely and defensabilty...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Exactly what I thought...

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
It really isn't a question of whether the cyclists SHOULD have a right on the road. The point is that the law says they DO. The MC was completely and absolutely at fault, IMO.

If it wasn't a target fixation issue, (although it almost certainly was) the MC rider should thank the cyclists. If he hadn't hit them, he would have driven right off the road and wiped out worse.

And I agree. At the speed he was riding on that bike, he should have EASILY been able to dip a little tighter into the curve and cruised by on the inside.

I guess there is some justice in the fact that his dumbassery is forever preserved on youtube.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I too think it was the fault of the motorcyclist. The bicycles were on the far side of the lane and single file. They could not have moved over much further. While they may have picked a stupid road to ride. Maybe next time they will take a different route. If it had been some event that day you might think that there would have been no traffic other than them.
I ride my bicycle on most days at least 20 miles and have had bottles, cans, cups full of ice thrown at me and I ride in the provided bike lanes. Kids try to see how close they can get to me. It is very frustrating sometimes. They have no idea that I also carry a leadslinger in my bellyband.
I now ride with a video cam so I can file assault charges on friggin idiots that think they can bully me off the road.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
I too think it was the fault of the motorcyclist. The bicycles were on the far side of the lane and single file. They could not have moved over much further. While they may have picked a stupid road to ride. Maybe next time they will take a different route. If it had been some event that day you might think that there would have been no traffic other than them.
I ride my bicycle on most days at least 20 miles and have had bottles, cans, cups full of ice thrown at me and I ride in the provided bike lanes. Kids try to see how close they can get to me. It is very frustrating sometimes. They have no idea that I also carry a leadslinger in my bellyband.
I now ride with a video cam so I can file assault charges on friggin idiots that think they can bully me off the road.
That makes you no better than the azzholes throwing things at you...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
WOW, why all the hate for bicycles?
I realize there can be azzhats on bicycles, there are also azzhats on motorcycles, in cars and walking....
If Randy is ridding in a bicycle only lane and has someone throwing full cups of ice, bottles and cans at him and he is not doing anything wrong, why would his taping it and filling charges be the same as the moron thowing shiz? Now if he were acting like an idiot, cutting people off, running stop signs and such, then heck ya he is no different then anyother azzhat.
What am I missing, I don't get it????

1 - 20 of 70 Posts