Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried any of the Big City Thunder baffles (in front of slip on's style esp.)? If so, I'd like to know:

1) Do they sound good and deep, not the metalic and tinny sound so many pipes have.

2) I can't get too loud with the local noise crackdowns. Are they loud like the old Screaming Eagle slip ons or quieter?

Thanks for your help. Want something that sounds great, but ain't too loud for the cops.

Jack:ride

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for the info. When you say the SE baffles do you mean the old style (really loud versions cira 2004-5 or the new SE slip on's that are quieter.

Also, are yours the complete baffles or just the small "reducer" looking rigs that they show? I'm looking for both my 1200 Sportster and my Softail Deluxe as well. Thunder told me I needed the ones that fit in the pipes not the slip on's for my units.

Thanks again. Any others use these too?

Jack

·
Registered
40,782 Posts
I tried them on a set of V&H Sideshots, but that combo was really hard to tune (really erratic AF ratio around 3k RPM)... I since have changed exhaust to Thunderheaders.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 08 RKC with Rush mufflers, 2" baffles, is a bit tame in the deep throaty sound I like. Big City states can use their baffles then cut the Rush ones down until I hit the sound I want. Heck, even pull the muffler baffles out.........and still have the correct back pressure for performance.

Sounds good.........anyone tried on the RKC with similar set-up?

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 08 RKC with Rush mufflers, 2" baffles, is a bit tame in the deep throaty sound I like. Big City states can use their baffles then cut the Rush ones down until I hit the sound I want. Heck, even pull the muffler baffles out.........and still have the correct back pressure for performance.

Sounds good.........anyone tried on the RKC with similar set-up?
BUMP:thumbsup

·
Bikeless....for now!
5,111 Posts
Replaced the baffles in my SE's with BCT's shortly after getting my bike and i can't complain. No engine mods, just slip-ons that sound nice. Mine are not the before slip-on style, the ones i have replaced the original SE baffles.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update from my original post.

Put the baffle (in header pipe style) from Big City on the Sporty. Boy, they work great. Also did the little trick with the washer in the carb (to fix the factory required lean running) and now that 2005 1200R is a screamer. Sounds good too. Best $80 ($79.95 for baffles & the 5 cents for the washers) that I've ever spent. :)

Aster

1 - 7 of 7 Posts