Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Earth-bound Misfit
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting here at the computer this morning watching the time crawl...

I'm going down to the dealer in a few hours to pick up my new 2013 Street Glide.

Very excited and a little nervous...even though I've been riding for more than 30 years, this will be the biggest (and most expensive) motorcycle I've ever owned. Not ashamed to admit, I'm a little intimidated by the sheer mass of the thing...but folks say they handle really well for such a big/heavy bike. And, lots and lots of people ride them so they can't be that bad.

Anyway, I'm like a kid on Christmas morning today. Thanks for letting me share that!

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,777 Posts
Tick, tock, tick, tock...I bet the seconds are dragging by. Congratulations on the new ride. I'm sure it will be better than you dreamed!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Thats great man...You will be so happy that your only problem will be cleaning the bugs out of your teeth because of the big smile you have..

·
Old guy
149 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, enjoy the day!

·
Retired citizen
23,203 Posts
And nice weather here too for a change ! ... :thumbsup

·
Registered
10,851 Posts
I understand exactly how you feel. I was the same way in November when my RG finally came in and was ready to go.

You will be pleasantly surprised, maybe even amazed, at how well the touring bikes handle at parking lot speeds.

I'm sure you have all your normal weekend chores either already taken care of or contracted out so you can spend the time on your new ride.

Congrats and ride safe!

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Good luck with the new SG... You will love it!!!!!!!

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Congrats..........You won't regret it.:bikerguy:

·
IAFF local 845
1,909 Posts
Oh man... congrats. You will enjoy the ride. Once you get it set-up to fit you, it's hard to beat. They are awesome. +1 on the pics when you get back! Tic-tock... tic-tock. :ride

1 - 20 of 46 Posts