Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post em if you have em!

I shot this yesterday since I needed a new tire I figured I would dispose of the old one properly!

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing short of Awesome!

later, dozer

p.s. glad to hear you and Pops are getting along
Thanks Dozer! And so am I. Things are different now but in a good way so all is good for the foreseeable future.

Remind me to never let you ride my bike.
No worries Louie! I would NEVER in a million years treat someones bike like that and believe me it took some serious risk/benefit analysis to decide if I wanted to do it at all.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Always wanted to do that...but don't wanna tear anything up!!! You can call me chicken

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Not a chicken at all. Believe me, I knew the risks and was scared of them, but decided to do it anyway.

I did it on the concrete because the coefficient of friction is a bit less (for smooth concrete) than pavement so it would be less stress on the bike.

·
Super Moderator
12,740 Posts
I don't want to clean all the molten rubber off my fender. Still cool to watch someone else do it :D

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
Even wore the helmet.... safety first!!!

(I know, the GoPro is on the lid....)

·
Learning Member
466 Posts
...WOW...

I could never be that brave with my Sporty . . .

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't want to clean all the molten rubber off my fender. Still cool to watch someone else do it :D
Normally I would agree but since I had to take the tire off to change it, needed new brakes, and took the swing arm off to replace the bearings there was so much room I just hit it with the power washer and scraped it off and it is clean as ever it kinda worked out well actually!

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Even wore the helmet.... safety first!!!

(I know, the GoPro is on the lid....)
Funny you mention it because I was considering taking the camera off and filming another angle off the bike and then I wouldn't have the helmet on but I figured with lots of really hard steel all around me that I was better off with the lid on.

...WOW...

I could never be that brave with my Sporty . . .
I was actually surprised how uneventful it is i know it puts a lot of stress on the bike but honestly it didn't feel that bad at all. I Barely gave it any throttle to break it free or keep it going.. Hell, I feel like I'm beating on it more just ragging on it on the street moving.

Very cool indeed!!! That's the proper way to dispose of a tire!! :)
Thanks I never posted a pic of it!
It's down pretty far but I didn't want to risk blowing the tire and messing up my rim so I didn't go too far.
1409197039037.jpg

·
Super Moderator
12,740 Posts

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
What? No beer bottle in one hand and a topless ho lying backwards on the gas tank?

Jesus..... What's next? Day-glow yellow vests? :D

I've done burnouts back in the day. Never thought to video it.....

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
Never burned a bike tire down but back in high school I won the smokey burnout contest for the yearbook with a 72 big block 4speed Chevelle with the line lock and a posi. It was sitting on the rims when I got done.

(Yes, I had a Chevy.)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts