Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 SG with slip on exhaust, the FL-VIED-10, and just purchased the Arlen Ness Big Sucker stage 1 kit for my bike. Does anyone have this set up and does it work fine? Night Rider who makes them stated I will be fine, I just want feed back from those who are running this set up and so forth. He stated I can still keep my settings at my current 20% with adding the air cleaner. Help a brother out

·
Just Ride
3,259 Posts
Got veids on my RGC with 2-1 decatted and a open cap night stick. I have them at 100%. No problems and runs strong.

·
Registered
565 Posts
If you don't put on the Big Sucker there's no need for the VIED's.
Since you already bought the intake, you can compare how the bike runs with it and without it.

·
Just Ride
3,259 Posts
Veids will help a stock bike also. Anything to help the EPA mandated leanness.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
2013 flhtk, slip ons, big sucker, gutted head pipe and xieds, I like it and the plugs show shes running right for 10k now.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Debating if I stay stock or install the big sucker stage 1 air cleaner.
Install it. Ive had one on both my bikes and love emm. Throttle response is a bit better, power? Ehh not noticable but the reusable filter and the sound it has when you wot off the line.. lol its fun.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Install it. Ive had one on both my bikes and love emm. Throttle response is a bit better, power? Ehh not noticable but the reusable filter and the sound it has when you wot off the line.. lol its fun.

I installed the big sucker, now I am not a fan of the OEM cover as the plastic backing plate is removed and leaves a void. I am looking for a gloss black cover and can't find one. Lastly I hope the VIED can handle the added air, night rider said I would be fine between 25%-50%.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
I installed the big sucker, now I am not a fan of the OEM cover as the plastic backing plate is removed and leaves a void. I am looking for a gloss black cover and can't find one. Lastly I hope the VIED can handle the added air, night rider said I would be fine between 25%-50%.

Huh. I much prefer the look without the backplate. Interesting. You got a pic?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Huh. I much prefer the look without the backplate. Interesting. You got a pic?

I will get a picture in a few, it just looks empty, I found a replacement filter and buying a used chrome cover I will have my guy powder coat so I can see which route I want to go.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
I will get a picture in a few, it just looks empty, I found a replacement filter and buying a used chrome cover I will have my guy powder coat so I can see which route I want to go.

I'm all chrome, which may be the difference. I like that my look isn't interrupted by black plastic.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1425224171.136502.jpg

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Vieds will be fine. Only issue with going with a smaller cover, is you will see the plug in for the throttle body. Hd and others make a cover piece that hides the wires. But O like the look of the stocker...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Vieds will be fine. Only issue with going with a smaller cover, is you will see the plug in for the throttle body. Hd and others make a cover piece that hides the wires. But O like the look of the stocker...

Thanks for the reply, just want to make sure I don't screw anything up. Not getting a ton of feed back. I don't want to lose power or have bike feel sluggish with the changes.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You'll be fine with the vied but to get the most performance you'll want a fuel pak or power commander (Power Commander if you want anything past stage 1) to remap the bike properly. The vied will even work with the bike if you decide to get a pak or commander in the future.

·
Asylum Inmate
11,742 Posts
Should I switch to fuel pak or be fine with vied?

Vied will be fine. Really all that is required with air filter and pipes.

If you do want my horses out of it in the future. Pull the Vied off and go for a dyno tune with an ecm flash not a piggy back tuner. You will be amazed with the result a good dyno tune can do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts