Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondered why I had not heard anything about the Big Texas Toy Run for this year. Did some looking (including here, sorry if I missed posts....) and this is what I found:

Big Texas Toy Run hit hard by more than $71,000 in missing funds - National Harley-Davidson | Examiner.com

This from the story: "As of now, the bandage over the 2014 run will be holding a "toy drop" on Saturday, December 13 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. at The Pig (11476 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas). Stadt said the toys will be collected from the drop location and evenly distributed to the charities."

And this from a Big Texas Toy Run Facebook post on Sunday: "Due to circumstances beyond our control, we have been told to shut this Run down. The Big Texas Toy Run is officially closed down. We appreciate all that have donated time, toys and money to help the children and we are sorry that we are not allowed to continue."
https://www.facebook.com/TheBigTexasToyRun

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
That's just rotten that this has happened. We are currently getting ours ready to go here in B/CS.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,896 Posts
McEvoy is a total POS. Hope a few bikers manage to have a meet and greet with him sometime in the very near future.

·
Registered
545 Posts
This sucks. I rode in this one last year and was looking forward to another one. Hard trusting anyone these days...

·
Administrator
13,126 Posts
I've been every year for the last 6. Shame how one guy destroyed it.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
9:30am at Independence Harley Davidson in College Station. There is complete info on their website. We would love to have you all there.

·
The Extreme Member
1,477 Posts
Cool deal. I may be there.

Hey zeero if your going on this run, do you mind a little company. If I am not working that weekend I will make the run with you. :biking:

B

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hey zeero if your going on this run, do you mind a little company. If I am not working that weekend I will make the run with you. :biking:

B
I wouldn't mind at all, it will be a good ride. I'll check with you a couple of weeks before to confirm.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Hmmmm. Might have to try and make the Dallas one....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had hoped to, but Mom made her holiday flight arrangements without consultation, and her flight arrives about the time bikes roll.

Sure hope this run is a success. I'll be looking to participate next year.....

·
Administrator
13,126 Posts
I was planning on it. My HOG chapter is leaving from Bedford. Looks like they will head to Fort Worth jump off site. Doesn't say it's a closed ride, so you can join in.

You have my number.

Big Texas Toy Run
Sunday, December 21
Gateway Park
Meet: 9:00 A.M.
Depart: 9:30 A.M.
Your Road Captains are James Castle and Roger Unruh
(Ride meets at QT)

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'll probably ride to Deep Ellum and roll with that group but I'll look for you at Lone Star Park!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts