Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before taking a month long journey cross country I'll be taking my bike to the Harley dealer for a check up .
Besides fluids is there anything special they should be looking for or doing to the bike before a long trip ?
I have a 2010 ultra classic,,

Thanks

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,454 Posts
If you are going to rely on the dealer, get the maintenance for the mileage on your scoot...be prepared to pay a lot for it, but it'll cover the essentials. Better for you to invest in the service manual for your bike and do it yourself assuming you are competent with tools and know which end of the screwdriver to hold (trust me, I have some friends who don't).

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
If you are going to rely on the dealer, get the maintenance for the mileage on your scoot...be prepared to pay a lot for it, but it'll cover the essentials. Better for you to invest in the service manual for your bike and do it yourself assuming you are competent with tools and know which end of the screwdriver to hold (trust me, I have some friends who don't).
^^^^This. Even when I HAVE to take mine into the shop, I go over it as if I had done the repair myself. I keep a log of what was done when, miles on wear items, dates on stuff that ages, battery etc. How many miles are on your bike?

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Brake pads check, clutch adjustment, brake fluid levels, tire pressure, lamps check, side stand spring check, critical fasteners. Have fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts