Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needing a Cover for My 08 Electra Glide.. Dont mind the Harley Covers except for the Price if anybody uses a different cover for a cheaper price let me know..not really interested in the Cheapo covers Im looking for the Canvas type that will keep the Dust and my effin Cats off the Scoot..:feedback:

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I use a Nelson Rigg, and with their Compression Bag, it fits in the saddlebag, as I use it to keep the heavy rain off the bike at night if I'm traveling.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Needing a Cover for My 08 Electra Glide.. Dont mind the Harley Covers except for the Price if anybody uses a different cover for a cheaper price let me know..not really interested in the Cheapo covers Im looking for the Canvas type that will keep the Dust and my effin Cats off the Scoot..:feedback:

I got something made by Ruger keeps cats off nicely, doesn't keep the dust off very well though! ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
+1 on a Nelson Rigg cover. Think I paid about $65 or so for it maybe 2 years ago. Fits pretty good, is vented to reduce condensation, packs into their pretty small bag.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
From what I've seen, the cats like to crawl up under the cover. I put old towels on the bike for awhile and they'd slide off. Now they don't clime on it any more. My monster likes to sleep right next to it though.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I was seriously thinking about getting a nice Yamaha or Honda cover for when I'm out on the road. I think folks might be less inclined to mess with my RK than if I had my nice HD cover on it, which I use in my garage.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
If you are going to be at the collision i will bring a spare harley cover i have in the garage.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I use an old (clean) painters drop cloth think they are $10. at harbor freight. Keeps the dirt and sudden rain off. Not for outside storage but does A fine job when rain comes up and I have not put it away.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I bought a cover with the soft inner lining - last month road to vegas parked in the luxor parking garage on 2nd floor put on cover fairily tight - the wind came up gusts to 40mph when I took off the cover I now have scuff marks on all corners in the clear coat not noticable when you stand back but you can see it with sun just right - I will never use a cover again exept in the garage to keep out dust and cats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts