Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i just got a rear flat tire yesterday, so my ?? is i've got a bike jack that i've used with my previous bike (sportster) but it doesn't fit my streetbob or do i need an adapter or diiff jack? so i can try and pull my tire to have the tube replaced! And can anyone tell me if there's any do's and dont's or if i should follow the manual to the tee.

·
On the loose
8,718 Posts
When you remove the rear wheel you do 2 adjustments when you put it back on , rear wheel alignment and belt tension , many guys just mark the adjuster nuts to line it back up rather than do the adjustments though.

I'm not sure about this but I do believe for some reason you need a jack adapter for the Dyna.

·
Super Moderator
12,909 Posts
Don't screw around. Bite the bullet and get a J&S Jack. It will fit. Adapters are downright dangerous.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You do not have to re-adjust anything if you remove the lower bolts on the shocks as you raise the bike. As you remove the axel pay attention to spacer and rear caliper locations(take a few pictures with y smart phone) ,get ya tire fixed and do the reverse assembly and the wheel wil be exactly where it was before removal. You also have to remove the rear bolt on the belt guard and slip the belt off the pulley then re-install as you put the wheel back on. Good luck , I know it sounds hard but is easy after the first time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also about getting your jack under the bike, just tilt the bike on the kickstand and block it up till you can get the jack under it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Another vote for a J&S, no adapters for a Dyna. Not cheap up front but once you have it you won't regret it, you'll lift your bike to stool level for even the simplest jobs. I made my own tool to measure rear alignment so I make the adjustment whenever I have the rear wheel off. I don't use a belt tension gage, just don't make it too tight.

·
Registered
850 Posts
+1 on the table lift. It takes up space, but there's nothing like it when working on a big bike. Stored mine for the winter on it. Harbor freight has a good one. I found mine used for $200.00. If you are going to have bikes, and if you are going to do your own work, you need the right equipment. Nothing is going to tear you apart more than to watch your baby fall off of a rigged up jack so you could save a hundred bucks. Good luck with your project.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts