Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going fellas? New to the site. Im looking to buy my first harley but not to sure where to start. Any advice would be much appreciated. I am definitely looking to buy used, and most bikes I find in my price range go from the 90s to the early 2000s. Not to sure if something from the 90s is to old, or how many miles is too much ect ect..thanks for the help.

·
Old Scooter Tramp
1,367 Posts
Welcome from SW Oklahoma!

As far as your search for a scoot, depends on what your really after. If your really not sure, go to the dealership and test ride a few and see what talks to ya. It's kinda like goin to the bar when your young, ya search out the possibilities and see what you really think you would enjoy riding. Over the weeks ahead and a few test rides you'll know which one you want to take home with you. Weather it's a blond, brunet or redhead, um, I mean a sportster, dyna, heritage, road king, street/road glide or an Electra glide.

You'll know it when she screams and ya jus fit right into her. Good luck and keep us posted....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome from central Michigan.

I agree with the "demo days" post. For sure ride a few different models and see what "fits" the best. My only warning: 88B (balanced engines in Softails) prior to '02 had cam bearing issues. I owned an '02 FLSTC and it was a great ride. Recently purchased a used Street Glide and REALLY like it.

Above all: Ride Safely. I strongly advise taking a Rider Safety Course.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Demo day test rides and rentals are both great ideas. I used to rent when I vacationed in Florida, got to try lots of different brands and models, ended up with a used Ultra Classic and I love it. Good luck on your hunt. By the way welcome from East Tn.

Enjoy The Ride

:biking:

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Welcome from SE Oklahoma!!! Lots of great ppl/info on here!!!

+1 on the demo days like Pipe said!!!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Oklahoma; TommyNYI. What all these good people are saying; go to a Dealer, set on bikes, ride bikes, rent bikes. Do your due diligence and you'll find the right fit. Very cool, knowledgeable folks you'll find here and tons of information to search thru. Enjoy your search.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.