Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so yesterday (first real nice &warm day of the season), i was riding all day long, then after supper i decided to ride a last one for the day, on my way back about 2 miles from home 3 deer were crossing the road ,at that moment I was riding at 30miles/hr, and out of the blues the 4 th one just hit me from the left side.

It happen so fast that I was already on the pavement hearing the scratching of the metal, I stood up real quick and realize that my left collar bone was broken (believe me it hurts),

Ambulance, cops and everything, visit to the hospital and now I’m grounded for 2-3 weeks, fortunately there is no warm day coming soon ,the bike will be fix at the garage ,
Hope to be back on the saddle by mid-may.

The deer was shot by the cop to end the suffering

So according to my own experience the deer that you see is not dangerous, danger comes from the one that you DON’T see.

Ride safe everyone.

:bike-038:

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,017 Posts
More and more I hate those forest rats. Glad you are well enough to tell us about this as it could have been a lot worse. BTW, after the cops shot the deer, did they offer you any venison?

·
Registered
313 Posts
One guy told me that the noise a Harley makes scares the deer. I can tell u for sure mine is an 800 hundred pound deer call. I've had them come out of woods stand at the edge of road an watch u come by. Sika deer r the problem where we live little bugggers. Cagers call them radiator busters.
Hope ure better soon.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,073 Posts
Glad your here to tell us about it, heal up soon!! Had a couple a close calls with the green eyed [email protected] myself.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dont know about you but if that had happened to me i woulda asked if i atleast got to keep the deer. Grillin it on the bbq woulda made it taste that much better.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Glad your around to tell us about it. Rest and recover. Hit that cop up for some meat. If you can't beat him, eat him.
Glad you are still with the living. Did they let you keep the deer?
Unfortunatly the law uphere don't let us keep the meat (don't ask me why ,maybe they are afraid that we chase them directly in the field )anyhow, when i got back to pick up my bike yesterday the deer was still on the side of the road and the crows were having a nice picnic,

redman24 ,you brought back the smile on my face :rofl:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Glad you didn’t get hurt any worse than you did.
Any time you go down isn’t a good thing. I hope you make a speedy recovery.

·
Lost in Space
6,851 Posts
Glad you are going to be OK. They always say when you see a deer crossing the street look where it came from because there will always be more coming.

You should have taken a hoof for your new key chain.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts