Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if any of you guys experience this in corners. My FXDL wobbles at high speeds in curves, not sure why. Any suggestions on what could be the problem & what i can do to solve it?

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
The bike only has about 6000miles bearings should last longer then that?
and how were we to know how many miles are on it? High bars, looser than spec steering head bearings (bearings seated in), abnormal seating position, tires not properly inflated, tires worn .....etc

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
After you check all the obvious conditions as already stated, try looking into True-Track.com. I installed the two stabilizers from True-Track last summer and I can really feel the difference in my bike's stability. Purchased my 2015 FatBob last summer used and went over everything as mentioned above plus changed the tires (the back was old, 2015) and then added a Superbrace and the True-Track stabilizers. The bike handles better than any bike I have ever owned. No problems at 100-110 mph or at any slower speed.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
THE Bike:
It could be as simple as the axle isn't torqued to spec, or tire wearing uneven because of out of balance or just a bad tire. Run your hand along the entire tred, to see if you feel any waiveness, dips, or anything odd.
You said the bike has 6000 miles, so assuming stock tires.

The loose nut that attaches the seat to the bars:
Not knowing how long you have been riding... ALWAYS use a light grip! Imagine holding a duckling with each hand, just enough grip to contain them without injury... Keeping your arms and shoulders relaxed. If you feel the need to grip the bike, grip it with your knees. If you become tense in a corner: EVERY minor detail of the road will jump straight through the tires, forks, bars and into your shoulders. At this point you involuntary react but, waay too late, because the next 3 or 5 pulses have already hit you, when you are reacting to the first one... It is critical to keep the upper body relaxed at ALL TIMES, then multiply by 5 in a corner.
Keep your eyes and nose pointed and focused as far up the road as you can see (vanishing point). Allow your peripheral vision to take care of your lane position! Your mind should be riding 5 to 8 seconds ahead of your bike.

Shorthand: Focus and RELAX!
Learn how to trail brake.. There's 100's of YouTube videos on this subject. or sign up for an Advanced Riders Course.

Corners can and will put a TENSE rider in the ditch!
Quick, Fast and in a Hurry!

Ride Smart, Ride Safe!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts