Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post so bear with me...
I recently bought a 03 softail springer and everything was working great on it. I then removed my rear blinkers and installed the Kuryakin (sp?) phantom covers with the leds in them to use as blinkers. i wasnt sure if i needed a load equalizer or not so i tried them wthout and they worked fine. Today i took it out for a spin and when i turned the blinker on, the red key (alarm) on the dash came on and the bike would cutout. I tried it a couple more times and it continued to do this so i brought the bike home. I got my key FOB and tried arming and disarming the alarm but it never would do anything. Then i tried starting the bike up again and nothing! Its not trying to crank...dead silence! Is my tssm fried because of the LED's? Is there a way to bypass the alarm? Thanks in advance for any help!!

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
Security light staying on means you have a trouble code (or codes) set by your TSM (turn signal module). If it comes on after the initial 4 second "reset" and goes off after 8 seconds you have one or more historic codes. If it stays on continuously you have one or more current codes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help. i couldn't figure it out so i took it to the dealer. turns out that a wire under the fuse block was corroded and broke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts