Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Was Briefly First
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience with these things? The concept seems great, just wondering if they work as well as it sounds.

DitchTheStraps.com

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,118 Posts
Don't really know B but I wouldn't trust a 700 lb bike being held in place by two machine bolts.. just seems wrong. Just saying.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
On a high centered heavy weight bike you have a good point GotGold.
On T~S. Lowered and lighter I think it might work.
Would consider replacing the bolts with a better grade depending on what they come with.
Maybe even a high grade stud and wing nuts?
Have heard in some applications studs are stronger due to the way the load is distributed. :dunno

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
If the bolts are correct for the application you can lift the Queen Mary. Think about the fact that even the best tiedowns depend on a bent hook, usually made of 3/8" diameter rod, to hold your 850 lb bike. I think this setup is in my future before my next trailering trip.

--

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,118 Posts
If the bolts are correct for the application you can lift the Queen Mary. Think about the fact that even the best tiedowns depend on a bent hook, usually made of 3/8" diameter rod, to hold your 850 lb bike. I think this setup is in my future before my next trailering trip.

--
True, but my concern would be all that bouncing around a trailer does, putting stress on those two bolts.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
True, but my concern would be all that bouncing around a trailer does, putting stress on those two bolts.
Would`t the load already be "pre-set" sort of?
If torques specs are called out for their tightening would the vertical, bouncing movement of the trailer affect them?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I got one, used it for my EG, Rock solid, the plate spreads the torsional weight out and the bar that attaches to the frame of the bike is stout, the jaws that clamp it all together are very sturdy. Trailered my bike across this state twice. If I remember correctly there are four bolts on the floor. Highly recommended.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts