Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 nights ago there were 2 biker movies on.

Hells Angels on Wheels and Easy Rider.

Both had Jack Nicholson starring. He actually rode in Hells Angels and did well (kick starting and all).

Sony Barger was in it and also served as an adviser. He was president of the Hells Angels before he went to jail.

My ex-father-in-law once told me they both lived in the same building.

Both movies had weak plots and amateurish filming esp HAonW.

BUT . . . . part of the lore and I lived it back then. Had my 3rd bike when they released HAonW and already had the Sportser (#4) when they release ER in 1968.

I remember another one back then with John Cassavettes. Another with Peter Fonda w Nancy Sinatra. I still have the sound track with a cut titled "Blues Theme" for the character that Fonda played.

None of them would survive today at the box office. Still . . . . :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
The production quality and source material for most of those was poor, for the most part. Easy Rider is still one of my favorite. I'm trying to get my hands on the DVD's for the pilot of Then Came Bronson and the rest of the series. That was well written and the production quality was better.

At least, that was my memory from my 1960's mind.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
The production quality and source material for most of those was poor, for the most part. Easy Rider is still one of my favorite. I'm trying to get my hands on the DVD's for the pilot of Then Came Bronson and the rest of the series. That was well written and the production quality was better.

At least, that was my memory from my 1960's mind.

Then Came Bronson (1969 TV M)(MOD) |Â* WBshop.com

Then there is this http://www.thencamebronson.tv/ (scroll to the bottom of the page) but it look a little sketchy.

You're welcome.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I remember Then Came Bronson. It was better quality. It sold a ton of Harleys too.

See, I lived through the 60's and remember them.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Bruce Dern, who portrayed many a bad biker, had a show called "The Lost Drive-In" on the Speed Channel on Fri. or Sat. nights back in the 90's. This was when VCR's were just becoming available to everyone. I recorded every biker movie they showed for a couple of years. All were bad, some were so bad as to be funny. One plot line was a gang of girls, dressed in PINK, riding Honda Dreams, and such. OUCH, it was bad. I was looking for them a while back and the wife said she thought she sold them at a yard sale. :sad

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
2 nights ago there were 2 biker movies on.

Hells Angels on Wheels and Easy Rider.

Both had Jack Nicholson starring. He actually rode in Hells Angels and did well (kick starting and all).

Sony Barger was in it and also served as an adviser. He was president of the Hells Angels before he went to jail.

My ex-father-in-law once told me they both lived in the same building.

Both movies had weak plots and amateurish filming esp HAonW.

BUT . . . . part of the lore and I lived it back then. Had my 3rd bike when they released HAonW and already had the Sportser (#4) when they release ER in 1968.

I remember another one back then with John Cassavettes. Another with Peter Fonda w Nancy Sinatra. I still have the sound track with a cut titled "Blues Theme" for the character that Fonda played.

None of them would survive today at the box office. Still . . . . :)
Damn, I stayed up watching "Hell's Angels on Wheels". Lord only knows why, but I just couldn't tear myself away, being a biker movie and all. I caught the end of "The Wild One", which preceded it too.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn, I stayed up watching "Hell's Angels on Wheels". Lord only knows why, but I just couldn't tear myself away, being a biker movie and all. I caught the end of "The Wild One", which preceded it too.

that's exactly the same time I tuned in too.

I finally turned it off when my wife woke up and I was ashamed of watching it. . . not that she would have cared.

but it was baddddd

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Rapier57 and Wrgiacona
That Bronson pilot is also available from Amazon. It is of superb quality and well worth the money.
The entire series from the "Then Came Bronson" site on the other hand is of SUPER poor quality. It is watchable but barely. It has been recorded from TNT on television and is out of focus and pixilates constantly. Not worth the $40.00 I paid for it. I was very disappointed in it.
Colt.45

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
ok I put all 4 of those movies on the dvr the 21st century so I can watch them when I can keep my eyes open lol I get up at 430 am for work the last on was just ending it had Denise hopper in it as the gang leader
then came Bronson and easy rider I what made me want a motorcycle that and my parents hated them.mabe I can watch them this winter when to wet or cold to ride

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Wasn't Bonnie Bedelia in the pilot for Then Came Bronson? She gave me wood, still does (recently played John McLain's wife in the Die Hard series).

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn't realize it, but "Goin down that long lonesome highway" was his song.

I remember it, but didn't know it was his. (Michael Parks).

"Well, you hang in there."

·
Registered
419 Posts
I loved "Then Came Bronson" and I feel a lot like he did then.
I told a friend after retiring this past February, I was going to
do a "Then Came Bronson" and just take off for different parts...

After working for more than 40 years, I don't have a job, and
I don't have to be anywhere I don't want to be tomorrow morning, or any morning after...

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I loved "Then Came Bronson" and I feel a lot like he did then.
I told a friend after retiring this past February, I was going to
do a "Then Came Bronson" and just take off for different parts...

After working for more than 40 years, I don't have a job, and
I don't have to be anywhere I don't want to be tomorrow morning, or any morning after...
F*ckin A, Man. Got two years to go, and I'm with you.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Rapier57 and Wrgiacona
That Bronson pilot is also available from Amazon. It is of superb quality and well worth the money.
The entire series from the "Then Came Bronson" site on the other hand is of SUPER poor quality. It is watchable but barely. It has been recorded from TNT on television and is out of focus and pixilates constantly. Not worth the $40.00 I paid for it. I was very disappointed in it.
Colt.45
Hey, thanks, Colt. I was looking at that site and thinking about it. I'm surprised TNT hasn't released a good quality set of DVDs for that series, or even streaming on iTunes. I'd snap that up in a minute.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I remember one part of a Then Came Bronson show for some reason. He was at a gas station in a very small town and the lady filled his bike with an insecticide instead of gas. The bike ran for a bit then beltched some smoke and died. She said she was sorry and she would drain the tank. I still remember parts of his reply. Something like. Lady this is a precision built motorcycle.... I have to take every small piece of it apart and clean it then reassemble it. Then it will run properly again. Of course that was that entire show.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts