Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Another thing I am confused about is why the towing guy would tell me I didn’t need to get it back. He acted like I was crazy for wanting to get it and bring it back to our house since it is “totaled”.
Is that an uncommon request?

·
Registered
25,084 Posts
Another thing I am confused about is why the towing guy would tell me I didn’t need to get it back. He acted like I was crazy for wanting to get it and bring it back to our house since it is “totaled”.
Is that an uncommon request?
When it is totaled by the insurance adjuster , they own it.
Your husband will get a check for it's value to buy another bike , or what ever you want.
The bike can be bought back from the insurance company , but it will have a salvage title , so reselling it would be difficult.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
When it is totaled by the insurance adjuster , they own it.
Your husband will get a check for it's value to buy another bike , or what ever you want.
The bike can be bought back from the insurance company , but it will have a salvage title , so reselling it would be difficult.
Okay that makes sense!
🤦🏻‍♀️
it’s been a lonnnnng 18 days 😫
I’ll just go check it out and have a couple of his riding buddies go with me!
I definitely would not wish this situation on anyone.
You all please be safe!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay! Calling today!
I have a ton of evidence (video surveillance, photos, witnesses who have reached out to me, etc)
Also the GSP called in the SCRT team to investigate as well. On the GSP report he put my husband was speeding. I hope the SCRT team can disprove this with their investigation.
I appreciate you all responding!
Stupid cop who's watched too much Matlock. Call bullsh$t on it and don't back down.

·
Flats where its at
56 Posts
My husband was hit by a truck on his Dyna 18 days ago. His speedometer was found about 15 feet from his bike with the needle supposedly stuck at 78.
My question is, could he have been rolling the throttle while airborne for his speedometer to read that speed? Could the needle have moved after being dislodge from the bike?
Or is this a sure sign of his actual speed?

Hopefully this makes sense?
3 yrs ago 18yo kid runs stop sign... = brain bleed from cracked skull [and memory DON'T all come back... ever!!],, broken hip in 2 places [replacement when ciatica pain becomes unbearable as per Dr.],,, 4 broken ribs,, 3 lung punctures,,, right shoulder totally rebuilt w/ cadaver parts.... R knee and ankle both impaired
my advice to you my dear is:::: do not talk to anyone! CALL AN ATTORNEY yesterday!!! sue the driver and the company.... don't settle after first offer EVER!!!! consider and sue in addition for loss in future. sue your own ins. co if necessary [if driver has less ins. coverage than you; sue your own ins co.for difference] - yes allowed!!! get a good lawyer.... never accept first offer!!!!! ever!!!!! I insure myself for $500,000.00 and retain right to sue,, u should too [at least]!!! everyone on a bike should. get a good lawyer right away dont talk to anyone bout it..... rats are everywhere!!!
ALERT: get accident report from cop shop to see what your up against,, study it ,,, then retort w/ your own..... he said she said.... lawyers wanna eat the other guy didnt get hurt you are the money tree for them you WILL go to court... you will win!!!! every one will make money,,,, if he wins nobody makes $ welcome to capitalism... play the game correct remember he will never ever be 100% again... Im living proof... look; the $ dont make ya better but it helps... settle BUT try to not close case if possible so future surguries 10 15 yrs from now = additional future lawsuits [reopen] they hate that but try!! best of luck GET A smart seasoned LAWYER RIGHT AWAY !!!! talk to nobody..... and remember this... you were never here!!! god bless

·
Flats where its at
56 Posts
3 yrs ago 18yo kid runs stop sign... = brain bleed from cracked skull [and memory DON'T all come back... ever!!],, broken hip in 2 places [replacement when ciatica pain becomes unbearable as per Dr.],,, 4 broken ribs,, 3 lung punctures,,, right shoulder totally rebuilt w/ cadaver parts.... R knee and ankle both impaired
my advice to you my dear is:::: do not talk to anyone! CALL AN ATTORNEY yesterday!!! sue the driver and the company.... don't settle after first offer EVER!!!! consider and sue in addition for loss in future. sue your own ins. co if necessary [if driver has less ins. coverage than you; sue your own ins co.for difference] - yes allowed!!! get a good lawyer.... never accept first offer!!!!! ever!!!!! I insure myself for $500,000.00 and retain right to sue,, u should too [at least]!!! everyone on a bike should. get a good lawyer right away dont talk to anyone bout it..... rats are everywhere!!!
ALERT: get accident report from cop shop to see what your up against,, study it ,,, then retort w/ your own..... he said she said.... lawyers wanna eat the other guy didnt get hurt you are the money tree for them you WILL go to court... you will win!!!! every one will make money,,,, if he wins nobody makes $ welcome to capitalism... play the game correct remember he will never ever be 100% again... Im living proof... look; the $ dont make ya better but it helps... settle BUT try to not close case if possible so future surguries 10 15 yrs from now = additional future lawsuits [reopen] they hate that but try!! best of luck GET A smart seasoned LAWYER RIGHT AWAY !!!! talk to nobody..... and remember this... you were never here!!! god bless
your old mans police report= if he say u were speeding u say u were 10 under and he was speeding can he prove otherwise// 3x medical bill will b first settlement offer

21 - 34 of 34 Posts