Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
MMMM don't remember the torches part? There was something about tar...….…..:devil
Ride Safe man, don't sweat small stuff
Not one bit. I still have a few grumblings in the stomach when I get on the Iron, but once I roll on that throttle, everything's zen. I love riding more than I can put into words, and I hope I can inspire others to take it up. More riders means less cagers!! :smile

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,666 Posts
Chip Man,Long time ago I remember sliding on an oil patch Taking off ramp at 50 MPH, I got it under control, shut bike down, pulled over and was pizzed off beyond belief.

I had just picked up my bike from a dealer three miles back after they had done some motor work and changed motor oil and the fraking drain plug (sorry if thats not name of it LOL) came out and it was my oil that I slide on.

I was in the process of moving, and the base of cylinder was leaking and I didn't want to mess with it, they had to bring someone outside of their shop to mess with timing of aftermarket cams and had the bike forever.

They actually ask me if I would consider going back to stock cams because if I did they would have it done sooner?

I said no wanted it the way it was, so several months later I get it back, it did run great after I put new drain plug and oil in it.

What the h3ll was we talking about?????

:laughing

·
Registered
38,905 Posts
I saw a sign warning of upcoming road work and that delays are possible.

I also saw a detour sign, but they weren't related to the impending road work, and were in a different part of town.... :dunno

·
Poser Member # 99
17,549 Posts
Maybe some one Dropped their bottle Of baby Oil or baby Seal Oil . If you Think Oil is bad to slip on try grain wheat or Rye its to late once you start rounding a corner during harvest time up here. The bike does all kind of Strange things . Seen many of bike on the side of the road here because of Spilled grain on the roads. Ride safe Guys away be aware of the road Conditions . I wonder If we Scared another one Off......:devil….:grin

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,666 Posts
I seen some gravel in the road today.
Inch road rock, shot rock? Base rock?
Manhole covers.
Lane divider lines.
Little 'ol ladies.
Skunks.
Etc..
Fresh mowed ditch grass on the country roads are a problem here in Central Illinois.(seriously)
Some one showed me a face book post where it had a pic of someone mowing and throwing grass on the road and a woman motorcyclist flipping the mower dude the fingerLOL
Again, dam dump trucks
Maybe some one Dropped their bottle Of baby Oil or baby Seal Oil . If you Think Oil is bad to slip on try grain wheat or Rye its to late once you start rounding a corner during harvest time up here. The bike does all kind of Strange things . Seen many of bike on the side of the road here because of Spilled grain on the roads. Ride safe Guys away be aware of the road Conditions . I wonder If we Scared another one Off......:devil….:grin
Went around a corner in my 71 chevy nova with big block 454, corn sent me sideways coming off of rt150 in central Illinois in the 80's LOL, so I know what you're saying
How much of that chip is out there
I saw a sign warning of upcoming road work and that delays are possible.
I also saw a detour sign, but they weren't related to the impending road work, and were in a different part of town.... :dunno
I not sure which way to go to avoid this sort of B.S :|

Dam, I was gonna go for a ride, not now to much bullchip to contend with. Thanks for ruining my weekend. I'm just gonna walk to the liquor store and get a couple of jugs and hang out in the garage reminiscing bout the days when it was safe and fun to ride

:|

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
The original post was the moral equivalent of joining a pilot forum and writing, "I crashed my plane today. I wanted to let everyone know the ground is hard."

But I did especially like this part.

"scrambled to reach for kill switch while bike was doing a 360 on its side."

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Way back when... I was in a group of twelve riders leaving the base. A dump truck had just crossed the intersection that we were approaching. We were all making a left at that intersection to get to the freeway on ramp. Well, all 12 of us went slippery sliding through that lane and eleven of us went prone! The only rider that stayed upright was a dual-sport that "rode his left foot" through the diesel that had been spilled by that dump truck.

That chit sucks! Been on the lookout for change in pavement color ever since!

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
I always love being told by none riders to watch out for sand every spring , I tell them that sand isn't just seasonal ya know . .

·
Registered
11,766 Posts
The non riders where I used to work after the crash. " Stop riding that thing now ?" Me "Why? " Got a few strange looks.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Good entertainment on this thread for sure. Reminds me of a few WTF is that on the road moments. Stopping on corn kernels is a treat especially on a asphalt road. One I do watch for in the hot summer months is water coming from the a.c. (from cages) on the center of the road at intersections, makes for a real nice slick spot. A good reason to ride, left or right of center on a lane. Makes you real happy to find your bike can stop so well and stay up, while you find a dry spot for your foot.

·
Registered
11,766 Posts
I just saw some snow on the road !
That's it? Have Kalifornia drivers think when it rains roads are still just as safe when they are dry. Slip slider specials. Ride Safe

Reactions: OZman
21 - 40 of 45 Posts