Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
because........boobs
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attended a funeral on Sunday, not my 1st by any means, but the 1st time I was at "bikers funeral". My 2 half sisters lost their mother last week (I've known her my whole life, great woman). My sisters and their mother all had moved years ago, but their roots are in New England. Their mother was married to a great guy who also happened to be president of a well known club in the area I grew up in. He passed in 97 and she just last week. Her wishes were to have her ashes spread on the shore.

She was former military, Honor Guard was there, presented flag to my oldest sister. Tons of bikes lined the road covering the coast line, her best friend riding on the back of an old friends Harley made a long pass by the crowd and went down the road 1/8 mile and turned around, they ripped back up the road and let her ashes fly. She got to get out on one last bike ride in front of friends and family and her ashes flew off in the breeze. It was the ONLY time I have ever attended a funeral that truly celebrated someones life and who they were, instead of mourning what was lost. I'll never forget that day

RIP

·
Registered
39,577 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

Sounds like the kind of funeral to have.

·
because........boobs
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks K, it was definitely the way to go out. she'd be smilin!

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
That was very well thought out and done. Sorry for your loss. Happy about her send off.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have never heard of this, but it seems very well thought out, and very appropriate.. A nice way to remember a special person and get some closure. Condolences

·
because........boobs
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you guys.

Glust, it was by far the best way I have seen to celebrate someones life once they are gone. It was beyond unique and thought it would be cool to share. Was curious if anyone else had attended a funeral that was similar at all. I knew this was going to be like no other I went to, but it was beyond my expectations. Really made me think about things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts