Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2:00 this afternoon, my stomach said it was time to eat....NOW! I was 1/2 way thru Kerrville and really wanted to make it to Fredricksburg for a late lunch with the Mrs. I saw the magic words on a sign "Bar B Que" and hit the right blinker. Kathy asked if everything was alright and all I could say over the motor was "BBQ".

It's called Bill's Bar-B-Que. There are some giant pits outside, great first sign. I broke my cardinal rule of new places... no cars/bikes or semi's, then I assume it is not worth stopping for. Today was a great exception. Blame it on hunger or my rationalization that the odd hour, between normal feeding times, was the reason for the light parking. I opened the door to a fantastic greeting and a quick tutorial on the menu. I opted for the single meat plate with 2 sides ($9.50) and the wife did the same. I got the marbleized brisket, coleslaw and potato salad. The wife got them to give her 1/2 brisket and 1/2 sausage with the same sides.

Everything was awesome. The brisket was moist and the sauce was perfect. Best potato salad I have had in a long time. Even the coleslaw was fantastic.

The 2 plates, all u can drink tea and my wife's Corona came up to a whopping $25. Not bad for this meal.

The owner came out and told us how it was a second generation store. I wish him and his wife the best of luck. That was some good eatin'.

Attachments

·
Registered
38,096 Posts
Thats the real deal there. :thumb

And hell, they even got your pic on a magazine cover!

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Great.....now I'm hungry for BBQ........:D

I love BBQ places. They're usually laid back, comfy and the food is just plain killer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts