Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting an Electra-glide standard this coming saturday(if all goes well).

I really like the look of the black denim, and I like the idea of it fading with time "like a pair of denim jeans" but I have been unable to find pictures of what this fade will look like....

Does anyone have pictures of their EGs in black denim that have "faded". Or any other black denim for that matter.

Thanks.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
I have a black denim vrod. I've had it for about two years now. It holds up fine. The funny thing about the denim is it is at it's dullest finish when new. With each passing wash or even dusting it gets a bit shinier.

Here's a pic.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
I plan on getting an Electra-glide standard this coming saturday(if all goes well).

I really like the look of the black denim, and I like the idea of it fading with time "like a pair of denim jeans" but I have been unable to find pictures of what this fade will look like....

Does anyone have pictures of their EGs in black denim that have "faded". Or any other black denim for that matter.

Thanks.
Saw a black denim E-Glide Standard a couple of days ago at a dealer. Sweet looking bike. Hope it worked out for you. Like Ed, have a black denim VRSCDX here. My finish has stayed about the same the past two years. Followed a Milwaukee reco to use Harley Gloss on a denim finish, keeping it from looking too shiney.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am still undecided on the color..thanks for the info and pictures....I think I will NEVER be able to make up my mind between vivid black and denim black...I like them both...so I am going to let my wife pick the color....lol....at leas that way I wont have to think about it.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Denim Black IS Vivid black with a flat clearcoat.....

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
It is a tough because both are great choices. Let us know what you pick. Post up pics of that Denim beauty.............or gloss you know, whatever.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I have decided on the standard Vivid black. I am picking the bike up saturday and I am EXTREMELY excited.....My first HD....5th bike overall...and I am pretty sure this will be the last one Ill ever need!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts