Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those with the black engine,what do you use for touchup like around the spark plug and general peeling...

·
2,327 Posts
Harley sells a product called Engine Brightener. Works great on bringing the black back. Never heard of peeling on the engine.

·
Retired citizen
23,355 Posts
Depends on what the engine is painted with originally, powder coated or high temp wrinkle engine paint.
Dealers sell both types in touch up pens.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Mine has some paint starting to peel as well and also paint missing around the spark plugs (almost like it had been slowly burned off over the years). It's not a matter of cleaning it or brightening it, it needs the paint touched up. Mine's the factory original wrinkle black, and I'd sure like to know what I could use to touch it up too. It would need more than just a touch up pen I think. Something I could spray with an air brush would work.

·
Retired citizen
23,355 Posts
H-D sells the wrinkle black in spray cans. I've done a bunch of top ends with good results. The main thing is the parts to be painted need to be CLEAN ! I use a 1500 watt space heater to get the paint to wrinkle up and cure. Just running the engine doesn't get the paint to wrinkle evenly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts