Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was over at a friend's house yesterday and was there long enough to discover that his wife had dragged him off shopping, so as I have done hundreds of times before, I started rolling the bike through the yard on the side of his house to a front circular driveway. Now you might know how old town historical districts (we call them Hysterical Districts) operate, and of course one of the things is no paved driveways. The front one has about an 18 inch angled drop to the old shells that make up the roadway, and as I was just getting to that some idiot in one of those little Japwagons with the fartcan muffler decides to come blowing past nearly coming up on the property (no sidewalks...just grass to the asphalt), I managed to grab too much brake and unfortunately also had the wheel canted a bit too much for that maneuver, hit a bunch of loose leaves from one of those tree-hugger protected giant oak trees, and so over the bike goes onto the crash bar and enough to cut off the engine.
Now I have picked up my old bikes and several others before, but it's been a while. I discovered that a nearly 800 lb. scoot is more than 1 sorta good leg and one not so good leg can move. And of course, not one person in sight coming or going on the street. Finally saw an old guy working on a bricklaying crew at the next house over. Looked like a survivor of Drunks R Us. He comes over, looks at the bike, and just picks it up. The guy is half my size. Glad I didn't manage to get on his bad side.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad ya got some help KD. Any thing wrecked or is all good?
Not a scratch on the bike, but got a bump on the leg from waiting too long to bail.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Sorry bout that bro. I'll piss in a fart wagons gas tank today just for u!!! Hope your bumps and bruises are ok!!!

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
391 Posts
How do the locals feel about their town being turned into a parking lot during Crusin' the Coast? Ocean Springs is my favorite place to go just to walk and look at cars.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hate "Crusin'" just because of the massive 25 mile long traffic jam all that week. But some of the cars are superb...some of those guys really put some time and lots of bucks into those things.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yeah, I made the mistake of going over there on my bike last year. I won't do that again! I'm sure it pumps a lot of money into the local economy though. Glad you're OK and didn't do any damage to you're bike. :thumbsup

·
Registered
7,427 Posts
Finally saw an old guy working on a bricklaying crew at the next house over. Looked like a survivor of Drunks R Us. He comes over, looks at the bike, and just picks it up. The guy is half my size. Glad I didn't manage to get on his bad side.
Well, yeah! He's used to hauling bricks all day, every day. Glad you didn't have any further damage to your bike than the inconvenience of getting back up on two wheels.

·
Try'n to behave
6,280 Posts
At least your back up and running with not much damage other than pride.

Glad to hear you weren't hurt worse or the bike damaged.

·
Señor Member
19,803 Posts
You ok, kd?

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chief, I'm embarrassed more than anything. Never had this anything like this happen before...shoulda seen it coming...etc. Just shows how fast something like this can happen when you let your attention get jerked for even a second. Even more put out because I couldn't pick the bike up when I've helped a few other riders do it in the past. This getting old(er) S#!T ain't worth nuthin.
So I hereby resolve to stay away from wet grass on inclines with Oak tree leaves all over the eff'n place.

·
Señor Member
19,803 Posts
Chief, I'm embarrassed more than anything. Never had this anything like this happen before...shoulda seen it coming...etc. Just shows how fast something like this can happen when you let your attention get jerked for even a second. Even more put out because I couldn't pick the bike up when I've helped a few other riders do it in the past. This getting old(er) S#!T ain't worth nuthin.

So I hereby resolve to stay away from wet grass on inclines with Oak tree leaves all over the eff'n place.

Hey, happy ending. As much as we try and stay focussed, how many dozens of times does our mind wander and we get lucky. If this is your "bad moment" then :cheers man. Glad you didn't roll an ankle or something. Get out of the way and let her fall, man.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Down at dad's last year I decided when heading out to see Lil sis to turn around in the back yard...
Bike kinda got much heavier... So running I found neutral and got off to muscle it around.... Dropped it right there in that perfectly manicured lawn..

I'm thinking oh shizzel hope I ain't being watched..

He's going to think I'm drunk again...

Got ahold of the bars (still running) crouched down a little, put my hip in to the tank right by the seat and leavered it up.

Embarrassed. Yes.
Had bikes over twice since 2007... Yes

Next time
Sort it out and upright your bike.

Don't give in.

You are perfectly able to do this without hurting yourself.

PS. I am still terrified of dropping any bike I'm on.

·
Registered
378 Posts
i was loading up all the new lines etc for my Bar swap Tues in in the storeroom of my business i store the scoots back there in the off season.. was going to a buddys house on Wed to put the new Apes on i forgot my kickstand was giving me trouble last fall when i put her up i rolled the bike up a few feet to figure how i was gonna fit the new 12 in apes in my Tour Pac.. set the kickstand leaned the Bike over on it and dammit it was like slow motion the Bike rolled foward bout 8 inches and down she went..I was standing over it thinking well EFF Me..tried once from the low side ..not gonna happen.. walked around the bike stood on the floorboard one hand on the Bars other grabbed the back of the seat rocked her back 3 times and up it came ..nothing hurt but my pride funny thing i had been thinking of losing the crash bars around my Bags for a cleaner look.. Not now all crash bars are staying intact!!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Gladyer ok kd besides ego gettin banged up and I don't care for fartwagons :)

I was on bike yesterday and at a four way intersection I see a fartcan wagon at a stop light and right behind him was a jacked up four wheel drive truck

The kids in the truck had a PA system and were making fart noises and giving the fart machine a hard time

Dont know :what? might have had to be there but it was the funniest thing I'd seen in a while

So far my biggest embarrASSment in life was in eighth grade english class

I was sitting next to the best looking gal in class

I look over at her and she is acting like she is poking her privates with her pencil

Then I realize that that I had scratched my satchel just moments before with my pencil

I could feel my face get red

Hope that makes you fell better :laugh:laugh

Probably shouldn't have posted this LOL:eek:uttahere: ::laugh

1 - 20 of 33 Posts