Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local dealer is sponsoring a blood drive. I haven't tried to donate in over 30 years and was turned down then due to difficulty in finding a good vein.

Hopefully this time it will go better... then maybe it will become a regular thing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm a member of the board of directors of the Oklahoma Blood Institute. The needles have gotten a little smaller since then. Not nearly as painful. Thanks for stepping up to the plate. It's amazing how many people can be helped from one unit of blood. I've besom donating since high school when I used it an excuse to get out of school.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All went well! I need to have no caffein and drink more water next time but it went well. I got a free HD tee shirt out of the deal too! I'm going to do this every 2 months as long as I can.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
12,803 Posts
Google up the research and statistics on high iron levels and heart attack, and notice no "senior" formula vitamins contain iron.

too much iron is very bad for you, and since cave men days our bodies have been scrounging iron,

but there is no mechanism to shed iron in men, except blood loss. Yet in their wisdom, the govt requires iron is added to all processed flour.

There is a rare blood disorder that over-collects iron, and heart attack is the result, regular is bleeding the treatment.

There are a lot of examples that support iron as a bigger risk than cholesterol, but the data is concealed

because the same reason US men have high iron, lots of red meat consumption, is presumed to be the reason for high cholesterol.

French and Eskimos eat much more cholesterol than Americans, but less red meat and have fewer heart attacks

Women lose iron thru menstruation, and have very low heart attack rates, until after menopause,

then their rate is about the same as men. Aspirin is accepted today as a preventive to heart attack,

because of reducing the clotting value of the blood, but aspirin also promotes shedding of blood in the intestines.

Check it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts