Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have an 02 1200c and finally got a bunch if stuff fixed on it from a similar post a few weeks ago. An issue I'm still having is I'm blowing the fuse that controls my headlight and front turn signal running lights. Once I had everything put together, turned it on and the light was on but then I hit the butting for the horn and it blew the fuse. Replaced with a new one and now it's blowing the fuse instantly on start up.

I checked all working and connections are good and no nicks in wiring or anything. I don't have any codes being thrown either.

Any clues on what to do next? Trying to not take to a dealership but it's looking like that is my best bet.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
710 Posts
Unplug or disconnect everything you can except the ecm and put a good fuse in and start connecting one at a time while ops checking everything you just connected until you find whats blowing the fuse. If you disconnect everything and the fuse still blows its wiring.I dont know what work you had done so kinda hard to narrow it down any easier .Sounds like a short somewhere have you checked your bar switches for pinched wires? Wiring is fairly easy if you have patients it just takes some time.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I believe the blue wire runs that and the taillight. It could be pinched at the controls. Might try looking under your rear fender also. I think it runs the taillight also.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good call on check the wires that run to the taillight Bayonet. Unfortunately it didn't fix the problem but I did find that the wires from my rear turn signals were torn to shreds from when I lowered the back end; the wires came out of the clip holding them up. made extensions and fixed those. I have pretty much given up on the headlight and taking it to a buddy of mine who runs his own shop but is a level 5 Harley Master Mechanic (highest level possible) and he will be running a diagnostic to find where the problem is. Thankfully he only charges $40 an hour, much better than the dealerships. I'll update when the problem is found.

·
Just Ride
3,754 Posts
I thought it's waires in Texas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts