Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are taking a road trip as part of my buddy's last wishes that I spread his ashes in a couple of his favorite spots. It'll mean a lot of miles on the road to hit the places he wanted to be remembered at. I was thinking of getting some bluetooth headphones for the journey as I don't have a stereo. I've found a couple of options and was curious if anyone has experience with either or both? Or might recommend something?

Soundbud slim are fairly cheap and reviews are positive, although I've not seen anyone mentioning using them on a bike. Less than $30

Slimbuds are $140, but are made primarily for motorcycle use and advertise noise cancelation, as well as a separate mic for picking up traffic noise you need to hear, and a means of communicating with others. Obviously these are a better product, but that's still $280 for the two of us and I hate to drop it without hearing from someone that's experienced it.

Anyhow, any observations and experiences with these or similar products would be appreciated.
Dan
94 Nostalgia Heritage

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Personally, I'd go the least expensive route you could go and still get buds that you can hear over the road noise. You never know what might happen to them on a motorcycle ride. The less you pay, the less angry you'll be when they get wet, get lost, get left behind, etc.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I use the LG Tones. Been using them for years. You can also receive text messages read out to you while you're riding around on your bike. I don't like to answer the phone while I'm riding, so my kids know to text me if something's going on. I commute everyday, 1 hour each way for a total of 10 hours a week. The LG Tones last all week and then some on a battery charge. I use Spotify on my cell phone and make whatever playlist I'm in the mood for to listen to while I'm riding. Just be careful when you're buying them on eBay. There are a lot of knockoffs out there that are really super cheap. Buyer beware!

·
Registered
945 Posts
I use these, /www.jaybirdsport.com/en-us/shop.html.
The battery last 8 to 10 hrs. I had mine about 3 years now with no issues.

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
I used the Anker Soundbuds Slim for a little bit.

PITA to get a helmet on without dislodging soundbuds.

But have a look at this video:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts