Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SoCal
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of the people I ride with have the HD intercom systems on their bikes and I was wondering if there is such a thing as a bluetooth receiver that will let me listen in on conversations through the HD intercom system without having one actually installed on my bike. I have a Heritage Softail and I'm not interested in installing an intercom system on my own bike, but I'd love to be able to hear everyone else in my group communicating directions and whatnot. Thanks.

·
SoCal
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A lot of the people I ride with have the HD intercom systems on their bikes and I was wondering if there is such a thing as a bluetooth receiver that will let me listen in on conversations through the HD intercom system without having one actually installed on my bike. I have a Heritage Softail and I'm not interested in installing an intercom system on my own bike, but I'd love to be able to hear everyone else in my group communicating directions and whatnot. Thanks.

·
Registered
42,094 Posts
Scala and others make Bluetooth head sets that can be paired to do what you want.
Everybody would need a Scala headset though.

They wont listen in on everybody else's HD intercom.

·
SoCal
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everybody would need a Scala headset though.

They wont listen in on everybody else's HD intercom.
Yes, I'd like something that can listen in on the HD Intercom system specifically without having to install an HD intercom system. Does such a thing exist?

·
Registered
42,094 Posts
Not that I am aware of.

·
Registered
419 Posts
NSA can listen in, but their stuff isn't available to the average Joe...

:grin

Reactions: raggedydag

·
CRSO
345 Posts
The HD intercom system is a wired system...it does not transmit any CB (unless the rider goes into CB mode and actually transmits) or BlueTooth signals.

The typical way multiple riders communicate in a group nowadays is they all can have Bluetooth headsets installed in their helmets...some units have a range in excess of 1 mile. Multiple (group) conversations are possible with some systems, and interoperability between brands is possible (like with Sena's Universal Intercom feature). The headsets must be 'paired' to each other prior to the ride.

Other advantages include access to your smartphone (if desired, without removing your helmet), including being able to play music from your phone and get turn-by-turn GPS prompts with the proper phone app.

Another plus is since the system stays with your helmet it can be used on any bike without wiring or other modifications.

Popular manufacturers include Sena, Cardo Scala, UClear, etc. with a variety of mounting options for half-shell, 3/4, Full-face and modular (flip-up) helmets. I put speakers/mounts on all my helmets and can migrate the electronics unit from helmet to hemet in seconds, depending on what lid I've chosen for that ride.

The downside is everyone in that group that wishes to chat must have a BT headset that works with all the others.

I've used BT intercoms on my last two big Ultras, as I really don't like being wired into the bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
83 Posts
I used a sena sm10 and a motorola handheld CB along with my Cardo Scala Rider to communicate with other riders on my trip to New England last year. Worked good till it rained. Oh and I couldn't connect my phone to either the sm10 or the scala as long as the Sm10 was on. It wouldnt connect to the scala as long as the phone was on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts