Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a used 2014 Street glide special and I am looking into bluetooth rider to rider options. And have a few questions.

Is the new HD Boom stereo capable of hooking up multiple bluetooth headsets and provide a rider/rider means of communication? What I mean by that is: can I hook up my bluetooth headset to the stereo, and have a buddy on a different bike connect to my bike and us talk to each other?

Next question is: Is there any device or phone app that will virtually allow us to do the stated above? We both connect to one phone/device and have means of communication.

I know many companies sell bluetooth rider to rider headsets and communication devices. Not currently looking to do all of that right now.

I'd like to take a simple pair of bluetooth headphones, connect them with another pair through a phone or device and be able to communicate with the other person. I realize the quality might not be all that great compared to these high end company products, just seeing if this is possible.
Thanks

·
CRSO
344 Posts
I just got a used 2014 Street glide special and I am looking into bluetooth rider to rider options. And have a few questions.

Is the new HD Boom stereo capable of hooking up multiple bluetooth headsets and provide a rider/rider means of communication? What I mean by that is: can I hook up my bluetooth headset to the stereo, and have a buddy on a different bike connect to my bike and us talk to each other?

Next question is: Is there any device or phone app that will virtually allow us to do the stated above? We both connect to one phone/device and have means of communication.

I know many companies sell bluetooth rider to rider headsets and communication devices. Not currently looking to do all of that right now.

I'd like to take a simple pair of bluetooth headphones, connect them with another pair through a phone or device and be able to communicate with the other person. I realize the quality might not be all that great compared to these high end company products, just seeing if this is possible.

Thanks

Not at this time...there are several threads on this on the forum (I wrote some of them).

Most of us went with a Sena or Cardo unit; I wrote the work-around to make them function with the Boom phone function. UClear also contacted me and said my work-around also is good with their system.

If ALL you're looking for is a BT intercom (either with the passenger or bike-to-bike, with ability to interface with a phone independent of the Boom system) there are a bunch of relatively inexpensive Chinese knockoffs this this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-800M-BT-interphone-Bluetooth-Motorbike-Motorcycle-helmet-intercom-Headset-/171265112558

Can't speak to the quality of the units, or whether multiple (more than 2) of these will work together.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I ended up ordering a pair of Sena SPH10H that were on sale

·
CRSO
344 Posts
Chris:

I think you will be happier with the Senas than any of the Chinese knockoffs :)

When you get your Senas make sure you register the serial numbers on the Sena website for warranty support, and check to see if they have any firmware updates you can download/install.

Enjoy and ride safe!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
31 Posts
we bought the sena 10 a month ago and your suppose to be able to connect to 3 other units, don't ask me how we done it but we six of us hooked up and was talking fine

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
You could get an app for your cell phone that makes it behave like a walkie-talkie. You can then talk to each other using your cell phones via bluetooth sync on your radios.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts