Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I won't claim to understand the Boom stereo system on my 2015 Road glide Special very well, but I can make it play music. I have my cell phone paired to it, but that is worthless as all it will do is tell me I have a call and do I want to answer it. In order to answer the phone, I would need a headset of some kind, either wired or bluetooth, correct????? I don't plan to make any calls, but maybe answer my wife and tell he I'm ok and I'll call later, but is it possible to get a pair of bluetooth earbuds and pair them to the stereo and listen to the music that way??? Can you tell I confused? As easy as this system is to operate, it is also very complex for an old guy. I don't need a bluetooth communication system, as I don't want or need to talk to other riders, I just want a better way to listen to the radio when traveling.
Thanks, Rick

·
Registered
635 Posts
Harley only has a wired system. You will need to get the head sets to listen and talk on the phone.

·
Vile Deplorable
1,441 Posts
Harley only has a wired system. You will need to get the head sets to listen and talk on the phone.
Yep and they run about $150.

·
Vile Deplorable
1,441 Posts
Just ordered a set today for my wife's half helmet- $99.00
Damn! I just rounded up because of taxes, but my dealership charges about $150. Did you get yours at the dealership?

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,145 Posts
I don't have an new bike but my iPhone goes line in and is also paired with my blue tooth headphones and I can answer by pushing small button on headset.

I have the lg tone pros... It does a fair job if I want the call.

Not a fancy setup, but if I know I'll need the phone, I have the option.

I don't normally ride with the headset buds in.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So are you saying that a bluetooth headset won't communicate with the boom system?
The Harley wired system is the only thing that will work???

·
Registered
635 Posts
If you bought your bike new with the Boom system, you should have received a headset with your bike.

I bought a factory executive program bike from a dealer so I didn't get a headset, or owners manual, or security fobs, or HOG membership. I had to purchase those on my own.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you bought your bike new with the Boom system, you should have received a headset with your bike.

I bought a factory executive program bike from a dealer so I didn't get a headset, or owners manual, or security fobs, or HOG membership. I had to purchase those on my own.
I bought the bike with .6 miles on it and there is no place to plug the headset in that I can find. My brothers Ultra had a jack near the dash for the headset but mine doesn't that I can find. Any idea where it might be?

·
Registered
635 Posts
I bought the bike with .6 miles on it and there is no place to plug the headset in that I can find. My brothers Ultra had a jack near the dash for the headset but mine doesn't that I can find. Any idea where it might be?
Owners manual does.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Kind of like bolting a supercharger to your hood. May look pretty but otherwise useless. What were the engineers at Harley thinking?
They can't put everything on every bike. If they did we would all be driving an Ultra. And 99% of the time I don't need a headset.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Those were like $150 but I found these for $20 from Groupon. Took me a while get them adjusted for fit. If it'll quit raining, I'll get on the bike and review them. ImageUploadedByMO Free1460332561.235837.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Tried these twice mowing the yard. Worked fine but would spend the first or second song with intermittent static. Road 300+ miles today with no static.

Several sizes of ear piece included. Still haven't found the best combination yet. Today with a certain wind, they would blow out of my ear.

Says battery lasts up to six hours. At 309 miles it died. I guess that's about 6 hours.

Overall, I like them mostly because I hate the cord on regular earbuds.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts