Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
Thats why i consider myself a motorcycle enthusiast, not a biker. Nothing against
People who call themselves bikers. But i think there is too much bad press on the term biker. I ride an HD cuz thats what i like. I respect you as a rider if you ride like you got some sense and not like an a hole. No matter what you ride. But off my soap box and onto the open road.

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
I had no idea that boat ramps were such "happening" places to hang out. On a scale of 1 to 10 I wonder how much of a loser you'd have to be to spend a day at a boat ramp harassing the boaters? I think 10+ Then again the guy who posted that 8 years ago was probably full of BS anyway.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Boat ramps can be very entertaining, if your into watching people due stupid shit. Most boating forums, of which I frequent 2, have a thread entitled Boat Ramp Follies or something similar. I, however, have better things to due with my time than waiting for inexperienced or incompetent people to screw up, so that I can ridicule them. No matter what pursuit you are engaged in, we all were inexperienced at one time, and if you say you have never done something stupid your just lying.

·
Harley Rider
10,489 Posts
I love to watch the boat ramp antics. At Joe Pool Lake in Grand Prairie, TX, there is a place called the Oasis wherre you can get a ring side seat by the ramp. It is air conditioned and you can sip on a cool one and have all the free entertainment you can stand. A cheap date!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
TRUE story!!!
This is going back a few years, O.K., 25 years...
We were staying at a fishing cabin up by Hayward in Wisconson, the couple next door are heading out. He has a 16' Alumium deep-V with a 60hp tiller steer on the back. The ramp is down the road so he puts his girl friend in the boat to have her putt it down the lake while he drives the car and trailer down to the ramp.
He gets her in the boat, shows her what to do and starts it up...... He gives her a little push off the dock and tells her to turn the throttle...... Next thing you know she is full throttle straight out away from the dock, screaming like mad........ goes out about 75 yards and pulls a 180 coming right back at the shore..... The last thing I saw was this boat going up and over a 3 1/2 foot berm about 10 foot from the shore line, the motor was still running wide open!!!
He ran up there and got it shut off before it blew and good thing she wasn't hurt!!! We gave him a hand getting it back into the water and loaded it...

Still laugh my arz off thinking about the trail from the prop going through the sand and up and over the berm.... Actualy just put a smile on my face!!!
Reality is I have been around boats all my life... still laugh at myself..

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,511 Posts
The original post on the boat thread sounds like BS to me.
Ditto. I am sure there are lot's of funny boat ramp stories, so people don't really need to make them up. That was just another internet tough guy running his freakin' head...

I bet he is really like this:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Ditto. I am sure there are lot's of funny boat ramp stories, so people don't really need to make them up. That was just another internet tough guy running his freakin' head...

I bet he is really like this:

JP, what are your thoughts on said attire?????
Do the puffy sleaves still work???

·
Registered
751 Posts
I am a boater more than a biker. yea, I'm not ashamed to admit it. I love to fish.

Where I'm at it more of the idoits on jet skies that are a PIA than anything else.

Bikers??? Never had a problem.

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
By me all the best bars are closest to the ramps.

With a hot waitress and endless beer I could easily spend a day watching the ramp.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
But have you ever run off 20 "undesirable" type bikers by insinuating you had a pea shooter?

The OP on that forum was as full of shit as a rectum sandwich.

That said, I bet the ramps do offer some interesting entertainment.

·
Try'n to behave
5,523 Posts
Have ya ever been hang'n with the guys and been really bored? We used to head down to the local boat ramp to just hang out, have some fun, drink a few beers and watch some of the shenanigans that are bound to occur at boat ramps.

We had been going there for awhile, so we had seen more than a few of these boaters alot. We wanted to make them feel like part of our group, so we would joke around with them. You know....bust their balls alittle, make jokes about them....general guy behavior. After all, we are all just wind in your face lov'n people, right?

There was this one azzhat though. He had this old, butt azz ugly cruising boat that he used to bring down to the ramp. No matter how nice we were to him, how much we tried to make him feel like one of the guys, he was still an douchnozzle. Well, this guy shows up one day with his ugly azz boat and his friend (boyfriend maybe...????) and while they are backing down the ramp all haphazardly, we procede to try and help by guiding them down the ramp so they don't crash. This wizlicker starts jumping up and down, waving his arms like he was trying to take flight and yelling "STOP, STOP, STOP!!!" He starts asking his friend about some bait, other "essential supplies" and firearms that they were taking out in the boat, which totally did not fit with their parachute pants and pink polo attire, but....whatever. I guess anyone can have a good time with firearms. I don't know what they thought they were going to catch that they needed to shoot, but again, whatever. Honestly though, we were kind of having a good belly laugh at these two "manly men", that together might have weighed 250 lbs soaking wet, trying to struggle a few ammo cans into their butt azz ugly boat. Never did see any guns though...:think

About that time, one of the guys realized what time it was and that he had a dinner date with his wife shortly, so we all decided that it was time to go. We fired up the bikes and rolled out of the ramp area laughing about how these two effeminate boaters were having such a hard time loading and launching their boat. You would think that something as simple as backing a trailer in a straight line would come naturally to most men, but I guess not. Now if we could only figure out what they needed all those small bottles of lubricant for (might have something to do with catching fish, I have experience with this using WD-40...???). I will admit, that I have never seen a stringer like they had. It was a long string with beads on it at regular intervals. I wonder how it held fish on? :think

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
By me all the best bars are closest to the ramps.

With a hot waitress and endless beer I could easily spend a day watching the ramp.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
If I'm not riding I want to be sitting at a bar on the water.... seems to always have attractive looking women working.... Now throw in endless brewski's and I'm not leaving :know

·
Slave to the grind
567 Posts
We try to make one of the more popular river bars one of our stops when we're out that way. I love sitting there w/ a cold one watching the ramp. 4-5 is the best time when they're getting back and have had a few cold one's in them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
we have "bikers" like that round here only difference is on a beautiful day they hang out at tim hortons and talk about all the long rides they are thinking of going on, and how they keep their low mileage bike so dam clean. dam bikers....

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've seen that pic before......the only thing I can figgure is that it rolled in. It's hard to believe someone is stupid enough to drive in like that....but I guess ya never know.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts