Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
The only Bone Armor I wear is made by Trojen.
Ha!
Actually, I like the idea of this product. As far as Hot, I can't say, but after putting on particulate containment suits when I go into cleanroom envirnments, I feel a little clammy at first but after a little while the clammy feeling goes away. I'd think that the only warm spots will be the armor them selves, so stay in the wind.
My question would be, how well does the armor stay in place when you impact the ground and or slide, know what I mean?

·
Try'n to behave
5,522 Posts
I don't, however I would not be opposed to them. I just don't know that I would go out and spend the money personally.

I just have a hard time believing that lycra and foam will last very long when sliding down the pavement. I guess it will last longer than bare skin though.

I take it that they make a top to go with the bottom?

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
That is why I removed the thicker spongier padding in my jacket elbows and shoulders and replaced it with a thinner higher density padding and got some teflon sheeting that is 63 thousands thick and drilled 1/4 inch holes through it for flexability and weight. If I go down, I'll have good padding and with the teflon between the padding and road I'll slide a mile before that teflon wears through.
Hell, I'll be like Chevy Chase on that sled that he road down the hill, in Christmas Vacation.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Down here in Houston during the summer, wearing shorts is still hot. I'm looking into a way to install a window unit in my Wranglers.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Well, ya got a point there, Niner!

·
red sport.
378 Posts
i got a set, wear under my jeans like they say. believe it or not But, they keep you cool and when it cool you just about need your chaps.
shirt, i wear on top of a shirt so when i stop i can pull it off. only draw back is the padding in back when i'm not moving i sweat.
have no problem staying in place.
when it's cool i wear my harley jacket on top of the armor shirt, have pulled off harley jacket just ride with armor shirt out side of short or long sleeve shirt.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The only Bone Armor I wear is made by Trojen.
Ha!
Actually, I like the idea of this product. As far as Hot, I can't say, but after putting on particulate containment suits when I go into cleanroom envirnments, I feel a little clammy at first but after a little while the clammy feeling goes away. I'd think that the only warm spots will be the armor them selves, so stay in the wind.
My question would be, how well does the armor stay in place when you impact the ground and or slide, know what I mean?
Good one! LOL ... that be boner armor. LOL

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I have the Crusader shirt, bought it off C-list last year, to go under the leather jacket, since it is not armored, but have only worn it once. I'd be interested in the pants at the right price, but have not found any of them yet. If you get them, review them for us. :nod

1 - 12 of 12 Posts