Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Curmudgeon
7,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a bolt on the inside of my primary part # 60813-07 why is it there? What does it do? I can't figure why it's there

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,965 Posts
Got a picture?

·
Curmudgeon
7,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No picture yet / part # is out of my parts catalog.

·
Banned
71 Posts
There is a bolt on the inside of my primary part # 60813-07 why is it there? What does it do? I can't figure why it's there
No picture yet / part # is out of my parts catalog.
A post from the past : got to love it.

"Got a 2010 wide Glide (stock) and was putting on some miles for the 1000 mile service, pulled on the highway and was running 70-80 mph fighting some wind in 6th, first time I has used top gear for any length of time, got some strange noise from the primary side, down shifted, thought I might be lugging, and couldn't find a speed at which the noise would go away. Pulled into a HD dealer after about 20 miles. Talked to a sales guy that I usually deal with and got the "thats just the 96" motor" talk. I calmed down and fired the bike to leave, heard a new noise, knock at idle, primary side, pulled around to service and they pulled the primary and tightened the com nut and found a missing part 60813-07. The 60813-07 is just a "bolt" that fills a casting on the primary and depending on peg location some Dyna's have it some don't. Went to three HD dealers and not much info from any one. Not sure it's much of a deal but I have an issue with vibration so now the bike is down waiting for a $3 "bolt" I went ahead while I am waiting and am having a pipe, breather, tuner, installed. Hoping the tune will help. Just had to vent ...Thanks"

·
Curmudgeon
7,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya thats the bolt When I brake the outer case off I'll snap a pic .

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
A post from the past : got to love it.
Excerpt from above post:
so now the bike is down waiting for a $3 "bolt" I went ahead while I am waiting and am having a pipe, breather, tuner, installed. Hoping the tune will help. Just had to vent ...Thanks"
I find this funny as hell. "Waiting on a $3 bolt (avail. everywhere for $1), so he rewards the dealer with an extra thousand dollars of business. AND the dealer just happens to have this stuff in stock, but not a common SAE grade 5 bolt???

Oh,oh that wasn't an original post of yours was it Webco?? I think I just stepped on my dxck.

·
Banned
71 Posts
I find this funny as hell. "Waiting on a $3 bolt (avail. everywhere for $1), so he rewards the dealer with an extra thousand dollars of business. AND the dealer just happens to have this stuff in stock, but not a common SAE grade 5 bolt???

Oh,oh that wasn't an original post of yours was it Webco?? I think I just stepped on my dxck.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO It was not my post . Post was from 2009 .

I would not be that in love with a part number to act that way. I have bolts . :fitz

·
Curmudgeon
7,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Primary bolt is on the right. Ok so what is it for?

·
Retired citizen
24,282 Posts
That's the vibration damper, no shit !
The outer primary covers had a metallic vibration sound and that was the MoCo's fix. After that the cover got a redesign to fix the vibration.

·
Curmudgeon
7,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's the vibration damper, no shit !
The outer primary covers had a metallic vibration sound and that was the MoCo's fix. After that the cover got a redesign to fix the vibration.
Thanks, do you know if the new one has the oil deflector for the compensator?

·
Retired citizen
24,282 Posts
If it doesn't there's a kit to install one. I think someone posted a link to the install video here recently. The kit ain't cheap either.

·
Curmudgeon
7,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If it doesn't there's a kit to install one. I think someone posted a link to the install video here recently. The kit ain't cheap either.
I have the deflector kit on this one, I'd like to eliminate the piece of plastic thats glued in and have one solid primary cover.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts