Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just picked up my first HD Street Glide with the Boom 6.5GTS system. In the Boom manual, I see reference to pairing a wireless headset but I don't have that option. Is the WHM required with 6.5GTS to pair a non-HD wireless headset (Packtalk Bold)? Does anyone have any experience with Packtalk and paired to the GTS6.5 and are there any issues or things to be aware of? The main reason I would like it is so that I can read and reply to texts through Boom while riding so I need to pair my phone with Boom but then I don't get audio from my phone - hoping a paired headset will allow me to have both (a) visual notification of texts/calls on Boom and reply to texts, and (b) ability to hear Nav updates from Boom or nav on my phone through my headset.

·
Registered
117 Posts
What year FLHX?
You'll probably need to get the WHIM for it to work

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
510 Posts
If it were me I'd have to ask myself "do I really want the ability to read texts on the Boom Audio system while riding?" I don't even use the nav system on mine. I will listen to voice prompts in audio only, but they come from my phone through Bluetooth. I am an MSF certified Rider Coach. We do a demonstration on the range that shows what the effects are with a 1 second period of inattentiveness. We ride towards a stopping area at 15mph and then do a quick stop as we reach the stop cones. We do it again with a 1 second delay. Then we do it over again at 25 mph. With the 1 second delay at 25 mph I travel about 30-40 feet farther than I did without the delay. It is far enough to go across an intersection before I stop. Keep in mind that this is at 25 mph, subdivision speeds. What do you think would happen at 45 to 55 mph ? I for one, enjoy being disconnected from all that stuff when I ride. It's part of the reason I enjoy riding. I ask you what the difference is between you reading a text on your bike and the person reading a text while driving a car? You still take your eyes off the road for a second or more to do it. That can get you hurt. If you are riding with friends, it can get a lot of them hurt too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts