Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Member in Full
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 FLHTK with stock BOOM! Audio.

Connected to an iPhone 4s via USB cable.

I am unable to track forward or backward while playing music. For example, a song begins that I don't desire to hear at the moment as I'm always set to random song shuffle. I am unable to forward or "skip" past it.

Dealer cannot help and suggests a software update despite confirming the firmware is already up to date. Not able to get there anytime soon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
CRSO
346 Posts

·
Member in Full
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The images didn't come through on your link, but your instructions were very clear.

This worked! Issue resolved!

Thanks so much! Neither I or the dealer could figure out how to fix this. It's been very frustrating.

I must admit, as much as I love the bike, this radio has caused me more than a fair share of headaches so far. Perhaps HD should've gone to someone who knows more about this stuff for the interface design and programming. Give me a good ol' fashion CD player, and I'd be as happy as a pig in shit!

Thanks RangeMaster! I owe you a solid brother!

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
The images didn't come through on your link, but your instructions were very clear.

This worked! Issue resolved!

Thanks so much! Neither I or the dealer could figure out how to fix this. It's been very frustrating.

I must admit, as much as I love the bike, this radio has caused me more than a fair share of headaches so far. Perhaps HD should've gone to someone who knows more about this stuff for the interface design and programming. Give me a good ol' fashion CD player, and I'd be as happy as a pig in shit!

Thanks RangeMaster! I owe you a solid brother!
I agree with you. It is really complicated to deal with. I take it that they think it so easy to deal with that you can do it on the fly. When I get my iphone to work through it, this is the case. Trying to change the radio station can be very distracting though.

I guess I'm just getting old, and unable to deal with new fangled stuff.

·
CRSO
346 Posts
Glad I could be of assistance...one thing I like about this forum is the 'tribal knowledge' that is passed on. It helped me many times, and I feel an obligation to give back to the group when I can.

Ride safe!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts