Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the Boom! audio amp and speaker kit for my 15 FLRTXS road glide special yesterday. Have an appointment at 10 this morning to have the digital dealer flash performed. hope it turns out to be worth it. Install went smoothly. here are a couple pics of the stages of disassembly

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rut row......:dunno:silly

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks ORD. The shock was indeed upside down. don't know how I did not see that.
dealer verified and corrected it.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am still waiting for the saddlebag lids and speakers but my thoughts are as follows:
The system sounds superb sitting still. The wind noise at highway speeds makes the upgrade seem useless. I am waiting on a new windshield from Klock Werks next week to se if that helps at all.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am still waiting for the saddlebag lids and speakers but my thoughts are as follows:
The system sounds superb sitting still. The wind noise at highway speeds makes the upgrade seem useless. I am waiting on a new windshield from Klock Werks next week to se if that helps at all.
Are you currently running the stock windshield? That was the first mod I did to my bike within the 1st month. Radio was almost worthless at speeds above 55mph. I put a 8 inch Freedom Shield on it and I can hear the stock speakers at any speed I've ran at. I recently added the fork wind deflectors and improved it more.

I still want to upgrade the system though just to make it go BOOM!!

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes stock windscreen until klock Werks arrives. The system does rock!
I will pick up the fork deflectors. Glad you mentioned that

·
ZVO
1,416 Posts
I installed the Boom! audio amp and speaker kit for my 15 FLRTXS road glide special yesterday. Have an appointment at 10 this morning to have the digital dealer flash performed. hope it turns out to be worth it. Install went smoothly. here are a couple pics of the stages of disassembly

Nice job, I was not feeling brave enough to do the amp, I did manage to install the speakers..you should have done a video :)

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It would be a breeze the way your bike sits now

·
Hard Member
3,255 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
A bit off topic but what are you running for pipes? How do you like them and how loud are they? Difficult to put "loudness" in print I know but I was considering pipes like that from V&H for my '14 SGS.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The pipes are V&H Super radius. They have a cross over chamber to maintain bottom end torque. Mine have a very nice note to them but are not really that loud as I left the baffles in them. Easy to remove those if you want.
I am hoping to be able to enjoy my stereo (this thread :)) so loud is not the exhaust's job.

·
Registered
11 Posts
awesome.. Thanks Dave!!

The pipes are V&H Super radius. They have a cross over chamber to maintain bottom end torque. Mine have a very nice note to them but are not really that loud as I left the baffles in them. Easy to remove those if you want.
I am hoping to be able to enjoy my stereo (this thread :)) so loud is not the exhaust's job.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts