Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

I'm installing the above mentioned kit. The kit instructions tell me to follow the instructions in the service manuals appendix for removing seal plugs and installing the wires into connector #28. It is the connector in back of the radio. My manual lists it as a 35 place tyco superseal.
In the appendix where it has repair information for connectors it does not have any service information for the for connector the Tyco superseal.
Does anyone have this information? I would greatly appreciate if they could share it with me.

Thanks in advance
Rick

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I'm not sure I 100% understand what your asking, but the 35 pin connector pulls apart pretty easy. If you look at the face, there are 2 red locking tabs, which will release the face of the connector, then you can pull the tabs on the back, which will release the seal holder. Count back form 35 position wire, find #28, pull out the plastic pin, and insert the wire. and put it all back together.

Don't overthink it, it's very simple.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
What stangs said. I installed the radio interface module for the gps and i think it required 4-5 wires, but its really simple.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is my connector

Thanks for the reply
I cannot find any red tabs I just don't want to break another connector.

Rick

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to clarify I understand where the new wires go. I just cannot get the connector apart to insert them. Since I am not sure how it comes apart I'm afraid to break it

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
I think its the tabs on the short sides, lift the red part slightly and the black and red pulls apart. Once you get them apart you pull the plug out on the whole and push the wire in, then snap the two parta back together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts