Harley Davidson Forums banner

Boom Box Update Version 1.18.3 now available

8K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  speed4tu 
The ISO image on the attached USB is corrupt or incompatible"

I have tried
1. I did download the zip file (on my PC)-I selected Premium CVO Radio, since I have an Ultra Limited CVO 2015
2. I opened the zip file and copied the ISO file to my USB (greater than 8 GB)
3. But when I connect it to my bike I get a fault message "The ISO image on the attached USB is corrupt or incompatible".

What to do?

I have tried to download again, but still the same fault

Try this if you haven't already.

Create a new folder on your computer just for the downloaded zip file and then save the correct file for your bike to that new folder. Then unzip the contents of that .zip file to the same folder. Now copy just the .iso file to an empty 8GB flash drive. Try the update.
This is the way I did it, first I copied only the ISO file to a large USB drive (more than 8 GB)-it did not work, then I copied also the txt file-it did not work

But I did check the Hardware information (Home->Setup->System information) Here the HD Part # the Boom box is 76000229, while in the txt file it say 76000228. I suspect this is not correct...? Have anyone of you that mange to get it working possibility to check if you have the equal numbers or if it also differ?

Has anyone got a Ultra Limited CVO and been able to update?

There is a page for the software downloads for international HD riders.
Here it is...

Harley-Davidson® Infotainment | Harley-Davidson International

You need a clean and empty USB and only place the unzipped iso file on the USB. Put the bike in ACC and turn on the radio. Then put in the USB. The Bike will take over the rest. Acknowledge the software update and just wait. A progress bar is shown onscreen... It reboots at 8/10 and 9/10 and at the end shows when the USB can be removed
Yes this is how it should be done-THANKS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.