Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Go Army!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife has really been wanting a Trike ever since we sold the Switchback... Well, true-to-form for 2015 Harley introduced the all new Freewheeler! Needless to say, I surprised her with a photo when I visited the dealership on Saturday and today it was hers! I attached a picture from today and the H-D website... Her confidence is back and she's a happy rider again... :thumb

Attachments

Reactions: Spritrider

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
way to go! She looks happy

·
Registered
402 Posts
Congratulations! I love seeing happy couples.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Congrats, glad to have her back riding again, she looks happy. My wife and I we're up at a local dealer 2 Saturday's ago and they had one, friends had went up to look at it, I believe on Tuesday and it was sold. Must have sold it that Saturday when we looked at it. We we're over at another dealer this past Saturday and days before our friends mentioned they had one. Must have been sold right away because it wasn't on the floor. I do think this will be a hot item for female and other riders not wishing to have a Tri Glide. Currently my wife rides a Super Glide with a Lehman kit installed and she really likes it. She won't really come out and tell me, but I do believe she likes this new Freewheeler. :)

·
Go Army!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Hard Member
3,238 Posts
Wife has really been wanting a Trike ever since we sold the Switchback... Well, true-to-form for 2015 Harley introduced the all new Freewheeler! Needless to say, I surprised her with a photo when I visited the dealership on Saturday and today it was hers! I attached a picture from today and the H-D website... Her confidence is back and she's a happy rider again... :thumb
Congratulations to you and your wife! That looks awsome, good design from front to back. Is it on a touring or softail frame?

·
Go Army!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Hard Member
3,238 Posts
Sleek loking bike!

·
Registered
4 Posts
congratulations, I bought the first one I saw, black like yours
Got the backrest and I'm not to sure i like how it fits, kinda loose but isn't gonna fall off
Luggage rack next week but no windshield , dealers won't part for one and mines on back order .
Wife and I love it - more bumpy ride and getting used to riding a trike - 280 mi

·
Go Army!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jandr, congrats to you too. We just came back from a 1,400 mile road trip to Santa Fe so it's going in Wednesday for it's "1K" three-hole oil change. We bought the sissy bar, backrest, rider adjustable backrest and the chrome bumper which really sports it up. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I now have 700mi

Wife loves the new sundowner seat compared to stock one, I'm still having a few tail bones issues - it hurts. I never had the problem with my dyna and the sundowner. It must be the way I sit in it - leaning forward helps but I like to lean back a bit.
Bike has been running flawless and even used reverse a few times but it rolls so easy I hardly use it. plenty of power but not as fast as the dyna. I'm new to trikes and still getting used to cornering especially the twisty 20-35mi turns. Cars want to pass and I pull into the turnouts.
Temperatures were a little hot around ninety and heat does come off the engine.
Wife loves it and she will in the future get a license so she can take spins.Over all we love it and have been having lots of fun.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Well I now have 700mi

Wife loves the new sundowner seat compared to stock one, I'm still having a few tail bones issues - it hurts. I never had the problem with my dyna and the sundowner. It must be the way I sit in it - leaning forward helps but I like to lean back a bit.
Bike has been running flawless and even used reverse a few times but it rolls so easy I hardly use it. plenty of power but not as fast as the dyna. I'm new to trikes and still getting used to cornering especially the twisty 20-35mi turns. Cars want to pass and I pull into the turnouts.
Temperatures were a little hot around ninety and heat does come off the engine.
Wife loves it and she will in the future get a license so she can take spins.Over all we love it and have been having lots of fun.
There are plenty more options to make you comfortable.. I'm glad you enjoy it! And it is awesome that your wife is enjoying it as well

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I've never been a trike guy. I think the Tri-Glides look great for what it is but it was also expected with the Goldwing Trike and all. The Freewheeler, however, changed the game. No other manufacturer makes a trike like it. You have to go aftermarket for that look. The more I look at it, the more I think I could go with a trike; and I'm on 30 yrs old. Kudos to H-D for making such a dam good looking bike.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts