Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off; HI! New to the forums.

So I found a great deal on a new front wheel and jumped on it after talking to my local HD service dept who told me it would work.

The more I look into it though the more I think it won't work. There is no way to return the wheel as the seller stated as much before I bought it.

So here is my problem:

I bought a Ultima King 21x3.5 wheel with 1" axle. It is designed for a Dyna Wide Glide 2000-2006

Now I own a 2008 Softail Custom which has a 21x2.15 wheel with .25mm axle

Now a 1" axle = 25.4mm. So if I use the bearings that shipped with the Ultima the softail axle shouldn't fit through the Ultima bearings as it is ever so slightly too big.

If thats true then one option is to remove the Ultima Bearings and install 25mm bearings. Now this is where I need your help; I know the I.D. of the bearing will be 25mm and then work with my front end but does anyone know if the O.D. of the bearing housing will fit into the hub on the Ultima wheel (2006 wide glide wheel)???

That is the real question. If not do I have any other options other than replacing the hub?

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
Here's some info. I have been collecting about wheel bearing sizes.

O.D. x W x I.D.
¾” axle bearings are #xxxx (52mm x 21mm x 3/4”)
1” axle bearings are #9247 (52mm x 21mm x 1”).
25mm axle bearings are #9276A (52mm x 21mm x 25 mm)
Or o.d. x width x i.d. 2.047”x .825”x .984”
BK Rider is a good source, about $16 ea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Thats what I've been trying to figure out and with the above info that means I can easily just swap in a set of 25mm axle bearings!

I already bought a set hoping this would work.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease. :thumbsup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts