Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed as of late a stall in my bike. Stock 1340 evo motor, stock carb.
when cruising along and letting off the throttle, say to enter a curve, when I roll back into the throttle, the bike stalls, or cuts out for a quick second, then popps, and then picks back up and is just fine.
I can't figure it out. Someone said my plugs may be bad, so I bought new plugs, haven't put them in yet, plan on it today. But I got to thinking about something else, could I have a leak at my intake and the bike be sucking too much air?

Also, I know if I take the baffles out of my pipes(V&H BSS), I will have a noticable power loss, can my carb be rejetted to make up for the loss of backpressure? I am not sure what jets are in the carb now, not sure if they have ever been changed. Previous owner had those pipes put on.

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
Check you ur float adjustment sounds like when you lean the bike it sputters in corners.

Use a little carb cleaner to check you intake while running spray a little claenear around the intake if it idles up you have a leak.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Ditto....... OR....... there's a spare, worked CV cab sitting in my garage........jetted for performance......polished slide and venturi......, new float, bowl gasket, needle and seat.......lighter diaphram spring and drilled slide air bleed hole........45 pilot, 180 main jets with an adjustable needle jet....:D

Try this first... turn your a/f mixture screw in till the engine falters or is about to stall. Now turn it out 2.5-2.75 turns. Try riding it again.

If your carb is still jetted like a stock carb, you have a 42 pilot jet when you need a 45.

You're also probably running the stock 165 main jet, when a 180 or a 190 would work better.

I called and left a message about the carb I have.

Let me know....

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
In the mail, Josh. You should have it early next week. Keep me posted!!

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guess what I found in the mail today.......you got it, a Dave63 special carb.

thanks Dave, I don't know that I will be able to get it put on for a couple of days, getting work out the door adn actively searching for a full time job outside of the home.
But it should be on by the weekend, I'll keep ya posted.

Thanks so much

·
Registered
40,772 Posts
Right on. :thumb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts