Harley Davidson Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
we have no one willing to stand for what is right.....

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Ya I'm sure there has never been any gays in the scouts. Pfft get real!
Yeah, your prolly right. But now they'll be flonting it. Be a bunch of activist screwing things up.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Why is sexuality a factor? I mean, why are they discussing sex of any kind? I was in scouts my entire childhood, no adult ever asked me if I liked girls, why would those who like boys reveal themselves?

Private organization which means they could have kept things the same. Caved in to political pressure, I presume.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,364 Posts
Why is sexuality a factor? I mean, why are they discussing sex of any kind? I was in scouts my entire childhood, no adult ever asked me if I liked girls, why would those who like boys reveal themselves?

Private organization which means they could have kept things the same. Caved in to political pressure, I presume.
Definitely political pressure got to them. Should never have happened this way.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
It disgustes me that a prestigious organization like the BSA would cave to such bullshit progressive liberal political pressure, like they did. I was a boy scout, and we didn't have no openly gay kids. And if they were, we all probably would have stayed away from them.

Call me homophobic, but that's how I feel about it. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
At what age are these children and their parents deciding they are gay? Or thinking it's normal and okay? Shame! Shame! Shame!!!

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Bama, I agree. Gay boys and their parents can start any organization they want and they can exclude straight kids or not. And if they welcome straight kids, then straight kids can decide to join, or not.

ITS A FREE FRICKING COUNTRY.

Unless you're a straight Boy Scout who doesn't want to scout with gays. Because if you are, you no longer have that option.

My original point was, why is this a topic? Who the eff is discussing or revealing sexuality in scouts?? Just wrong altogether.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
At what age are these children and their parents deciding they are gay? Or thinking it's normal and okay? Shame! Shame! Shame!!!
I agree! I still think it's a choice, and not how you're born...

I think parents are also coddling their kids too much and being over-protective and that is also turning them into pussies.

When I was growing up we had scars, cuts, bruises, bleeding all the time! Now days a kid falls off their bike they go to the ER, run a CT Scan, do an MRI & and EKG, blood work, etc..... It's just rediculous. Mainly b/c parents these days are overdramatic about everything a d it stems down to kids, which teaches them to be that way.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
870 Posts
Money talks.

I read yesterday that the Boy Scout policy changed immediately following an announcement by two very large corporate donors who pulled funding for Boy Scouts over their sexual orientation ban.

I couldn't remember the two but found this when I did a search.

(UPS), a major corporate donor of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA), has pulled its funding for the group until gay Scouts and leaders are welcome within the organization. It’s based on a new policy that prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation.

Eagle Scout Zach Wahls, founder of Scouts for Equality, has been asking companies like UPS to halt funding via a campaign on Change.org – resulting in not only UPS giving the BSA the heave-ho, but also Intel, which was one of the organization’s biggest corporate donors. Like Intel, UPS gave hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Boy Scouts in 2010, despite the organization’s anti-gay policy. But since both companies have received very high scores on the HRC’s Corporate Equality Index, they’ve decided to rethink their donations.
I read something about Mereck Corp doing the same.

Looks like financial pressure.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,778 Posts

Agreed. It isn't about the young men (see how politically correct I was there, huh, BOYS?) It's about scout leaders that parents don't want being an influence on their children. Now, the scputs can't keep the faith with the parents. They are required to let someone who doesn't accept the tenets of scouting be a scout leader.

It's kinda like requiring that Jesse Jackson be head of the KKK. (I have no use for either JJ or K's).

Why would anyone cause a fuss to be a part of an organization that doesn't want them? I thought they already had Rainbow warriors...Ask any Jeff Gordon fan:know

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
If someone chooses to be "different" then they should not expect to be accepted by regular people. Back in the day "bikers" were a hardcore, rare breed. A lot of hotels did not want to even rent you a room. You were treated like a 2nd. class citizen. I accepted that fact when I became one. I asked no quarter and I gave none. In fact, I embraced it. If gay people believe that much in their sexuality, they should accept the fact that it is repulsive to most people and be prepared for the consequences.

·
Indian Larry
8,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If someone chooses to be "different" then they should not expect to be accepted by regular people. Back in the day "bikers" were a hardcore, rare breed. A lot of hotels did not want to even rent you a room. You were treated like a 2nd. class citizen. I accepted that fact when I became one. I asked no quarter and I gave none. In fact, I embraced it. If gay people believe that much in sexuality, they should accept the fact that it is repulsive to most people and be prepared for the consequences.
So, let me get this straight...
You're equating being a faggot with being a biker??
While we might draw some parallels with some of the morality, I have to draw some hard lines when we talk about "packing the saddle bags"...
(sorry, I couldn't resist)

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
While at camp,There's deffinately a need for...

:cooking
:washing dishes
:laundry
:sewing
:making beds etc...

It'll only get iffy at shower time, and locking a tent is very difficult.

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
So, let me get this straight...
You're equating being a faggot with being a biker??
While we might draw some parallels with some of the morality, I have to draw some hard lines when we talk about "packing the saddle bags"...
(sorry, I couldn't resist)
No. Just using it as an example of being different. Never been gay, never will be, never associated with any. Most of my life I've lived outside of the norm as a 1%er and never cared if anyone agreed or not. I guess the point is, I never tried to force my lifestyle on anyone else. In no way did I mean to equate the two. If gay people want to be that way, that's their business. Everybody else should not have them forced on us....Did I piss you off, or are you just trying to piss me off this morning?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.