Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does having braided or stainless steel break lines versus stock have any effect on the stopping power of the brakes or is it merely for appearance purposes only?

2008 Dyna Super Glide

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Put one on my sporty and can tell a big differance, like Dave said it does'nt fade. and looks much better to.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Braided Stainless Break Lines

Thanks for the information Dave, how about for the clutch cable is there any difference there as well?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anybody know about what the cost would be to have the front stock brake line changed to a braided/ss brake line and clutch line replaced with braided/ss?

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Mine was 65.00 plus tax, i put it on myself. it came from drag specialties.Mine cost a little more because it is the bright stainless, looks like chrome. Can't say about the clutch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My bike is in the shop right now having all the cables switched over to HD's Diamondback Stainless Cables. Originally started with the front and rear break but figured it wouldn't look right so I got them for the clutch and Throttle Idle as well. Can't wait to see how much of a difference there is with the Stainless Cables.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine was $13, (Dealer close out on the brake line, measured to fit for my bike) and $10 for Silicone brake fluid. (DOT-5)

Took me about 30 minutes to swap. Bleeding it was a trick.......:nananana Almost took me 35 minutes......:stir
Was it very difficult to bleed the brakes? I bled the brakes on an older model volkswagon beetle, pump the brakes, hold them, while another person loosens the tap/nut, tighten and do that a few times to get all the air out. What is the process for the brakes on the motorcycle? Is this explained in the service manual?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My bike is in the shop right now having all the cables switched over to HD's Diamondback Stainless Cables. Originally started with the front and rear break but figured it wouldn't look right so I got them for the clutch and Throttle Idle as well. Can't wait to see how much of a difference there is with the Stainless Cables.
Let me know if you can tell a difference in performance. I have a 2008 Dyna Super Glide and I have put about 2300 miles on it so far since July 3rd. Bought the bike and what better way to celebrate Independence Day!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts