Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have any experience with brake light signal modules similar to this one at Amazon?

In theory it sounds like a very good thing. It'll flash your tail light a few times every time you hit the brake, which in turn should cause you to be noticed better.

Being noticed better is always a good thing.

My wife saw one of these on a bagger the other day, and it immediately caught her attention, so she asked me if I could do it on my bike. I told her that I didn't think it would be too much of an issue, would just have to find a unit that does the flashing thing.

I have been trained as an electrician, so install shouldn't be much of an issue. I was just looking for reviews of sorts.

Thanks

Exco

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Link to Amazon is dead.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
Anyone have any experience with brake light signal modules similar to this one at Amazon?

In theory it sounds like a very good thing. It'll flash your tail light a few times every time you hit the brake, which in turn should cause you to be noticed better.

Being noticed better is always a good thing.

My wife saw one of these on a bagger the other day, and it immediately caught her attention, so she asked me if I could do it on my bike. I told her that I didn't think it would be too much of an issue, would just have to find a unit that does the flashing thing.

I have been trained as an electrician, so install shouldn't be much of an issue. I was just looking for reviews of sorts.

Thanks

Exco
Got this with your link.
Looking for something?
We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site

Go to Amazon.com's Home Page
Have a look around here. NAMZ . CUSTOM CYCLE PRODUCTS

I picked up one of their turn signal to brake light modules for T~S. It is not mounted yet due to ongoing mods. But I did test it when I first got it. :thumbsup
Not quit what you are looking for but in my case it was plug and play. Have never heard anything bad about Badlands quality either.

·
Retired citizen
24,285 Posts
The link didn't come up but the Namz modules do the trick and they're plug N play.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that I have the link fixed. Sorry about that. I'm not sure what happened

Exco

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
I think that I have the link fixed. Sorry about that. I'm not sure what happened

Exco
Link works now.
Believe several around here have used that exact unit. Can not say if it is plug-n-play, or on what models it is.
I just always got in the habit of watching my mirrors when slowing down or stopping. If someone was behind me or approaching I would manually flash my brake lights.
More so at night.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Other than a very quick-strobing pulse (no more than a second or so) when you first hit the brakes, I don't like the idea of flashing brake lights. Yes, they may see you, but drivers have spent their whole lives learning the notion that a SOLID bright red light means "I am braking."

If you start flashing and such, a lot of people are just going to be wondering what the heck is going on.

I saw an older woman commuting to work on a metric recently with a flashing brake light, modulating headlight, and she was wearing a reflective bright green riding suit with reflective tape on her helmet. If it made her feel better, great, but I so bad wanted to roll up and tell to just buy a freaking car! :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just always got in the habit of watching my mirrors when slowing down or stopping. If someone was behind me or approaching I would manually flash my brake lights.
More so at night.
I do this now, plus I ALWAYS have some sort of escape plan when I am stopped.

I just figure a little more viability can't be a bad thing.

Exco

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had that same unit on my bike for about a year. Very simple plug and play installation and it worked very well. I replaced it with a low profile BAL only because I wanted a brighter tail light.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Sleepy cager's that tail-gate bikers is a dangerous proposition ! Strobe lights usually wakes them up temporarily .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts