Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the brake light comes on well into brake application on my '14 Ultra. Both front and rear brake lite actuates well after, quite a lot of braking pressure is applied. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the switch (es) further out, so the light will come on sooner?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't adjust the switch at all. The only adjustment is at the pedal/lever. Might need a brake line bleed.
That's kinda what i thought. As i could not find any reference to brake light adjustment in the Service Manual.. But figured i'd ask. As the only dumb question is the one not asked.. The brakes are working perfectly, so i figure i will just have to keep a close eye on the mirrors, for those who like to tailgate. I don't want to brake check anyone while on a bike! Can't win that game!

·
Registered
6 Posts
You might want to have the brake light switch changed but if I am not mistaken you have integrated brakes on that bike and I don't know if you can change it without future problems, ie, no brakes at all.

On my bike you kept having to press pedal harder and harder over a years time to get the lights to light up. Changed the switch and problem was gone, just light pressure will light up the brake lights now.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You might want to have the brake light switch changed but if I am not mistaken you have integrated brakes on that bike and I don't know if you can change it without future problems, ie, no brakes at all.

On my bike you kept having to press pedal harder and harder over a years time to get the lights to light up. Changed the switch and problem was gone, just light pressure will light up the brake lights now.
Yep. this bike has integrated brakes and ABS. I just cant see handing the service dept $300. for a "brake Service". I have been a mechanic for my entire adult life, spending that amount of money to let someone else perform maintenance, and not even seeing what they are doing, just goes against my grain.:nod. All because of a computer.. :bigbarf

I admit, i use(d) computers for performing Auto-Brake & Anti-skid test on commercial aircraft. But, that's a $100,000,000. plus machine with many wheels. This has two, one go, one point, both stop? So I'm fairly certain, all that fancy computer that H.D. has, just vibrates the solenoids in the ABS controller. I'm just not smart enough to know how to circumvent it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts