Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am adding a second disc to my 2006 883. I found a reasonably priced stainless dual disc kit on Ebay for a 2005 FXDX.

The banjo fittings appear to be the correct angle. Does anyone know if they are compatible?

·
Try'n to behave
6,430 Posts
I don't know if they are compatible, but I think banjo fittings can be replaced. My after market lines didn't come with them, had to buy them separately.

Someone with more knowledge will be along shortly.

·
Retired citizen
24,517 Posts
Did the kit include a new master cylinder ? Single and dual have different bore size master cylinders and different size outlet fittings.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Harley has used two banjo sizes, 10mm & 12mm. Make sure you get the right size. Like Schmidty mentioned, different size master cylinders used for single & dual disc systems (9/16" & 11/16"). Your master cylinder doesn't move the volume of fluid needed to move extra caliper pistons PROPERLY. I've read debates if it really matters or not. I would want a matching system.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did the kit include a new master cylinder ? Single and dual have different bore size master cylinders and different size outlet fittings.
we are only talking about brake lines here. I am aware of the master cylinder issue.

I have opted for a Dennis Kirk build your own brake line kit. It has the correct banjo fittings (2-10mm, 1-12mm).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts