Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
If your talking about the anti squeal shims I would put them on. I'm running without them with Sintered Breaks on the rear. Softer metals. You can try it without but if you get a lot of squealing then install them.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Harleys seem to have this squeal problem at least the older type even mine was squealing in the front today. Brake dust non retracting caliper what have you but like I said try it without if you encounter an issue then install them. If you remove the resivour cap when unloading the calipers to install brakes No bleeding is necessary. The Handle and the foot pedal should be tight. If not make sure the adjustment for the rear pedal is OK (UP) Then Bleed if necessary

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I wouldn't wait for them to get too thin. They are pretty inexpensive and a very necessary part of your bike. They are not hard to change out either. Why take a chance on damaging the rotors and the calipers which are much more expensive.

·
Registered
13,193 Posts
Mine have squeaked some. I used 60 grit paper to break the glaze on the front rotor. You can also do the pads same way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts